Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-16-2015, 01:36 PM   #1

Question Towing - Mazda 2 2011

Hi All. I would like to tow my mazda behind my motorhome. Can I and what is required? Does anyone else tow a mazxa behind their motorhome. Thanks

Joe
caser41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-16-2015, 02:09 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
A 2011 Mazda 2 is NOT recommended for towing 4 down, manual pg 7-24 (232).

https://www.mymazda.com/MusaWeb/pdf/..._Mazda2_OM.pdf

If it could be towed (perhaps you have a manual transmission?) you would need to buy and install a base plate that mounts to your car's front frame behind the bumper, a tow bar to hook the car's base plate to the receiver of the RV hitch, towing lights and I highly suggest an auxiliary braking system to stop or slow down the car.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:12 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by caser41 View Post
Does anyone else tow a mazxa behind their motorhome.
Mazda and most "experts" will tell you that NO Mazda product can be flat towed. I have towed a 2000 Miata (35,000 miles) and am now towing a 2012 Miata (15,000 miles) and that is the response that I got when I asked.

If your Mazda has an automatic transmission it CANNOT be towed.
If it is a manual transmission, it may be able to be towed.

Look at the major towing equipment manufacturers to see if any of them makes a base plate for your car. If they DO, there are people towing them.

Tim
Healeyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:37 PM   #4

It doesn't look like Roadmaster has any tow brackets for the Mazda 2. Your only choice would be a tow dolly.
reitrof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 08:29 AM   #5

Thanks everyone for your replies. I will do some more research and find a vehicle that can be towed behind my MH 4 down.

Joe
caser41 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
towing, tow