Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 04-15-2011, 08:46 AM   #1
Monaco Owners Club
towing system

Hello, everyone My wife and have just purchased our first rv a 06 monaco dip .We haven't taken delivery yet,probably in the next week .my question is what tow system should i purchase for towing my 4 door jeep (4000)lbs. Any advice will truly be appreciated.Oh and please be patient for a response from me, i am the one finger typing bandit lol.

Thanks again rolling

rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-15-2011, 08:56 AM   #2
First I will assume that your Jeep is towable 4 wheels down. That being said, Blue Ox and Roadmaster are two big names in towing.
I personally have the Roadmaster brackets on my Buick Rendezvous and I use the Roadmaster Sterling All Terrain tow bar. I purchased the brackets and tow bar online from rvadventure.net and had a local shop install it for me. It cost me $150 to have the brackets put on my vehicle. I think that's a pretty good price to pay for professional installation.

randco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:07 PM   #3
Fleetwood Owners Club
I have a 2 dr jeep. I tow with a Currie baseplate (replaces the front plastic valance panel with a steel one; $200, easy bolt on and hell for stout. Having seen some "professional" jobs, I took my chances and did it myself), a Blue Ox tow bar, and a Brake Buddie. I used the CoolTech wiring harness for the jeep lights, which almost installs itself, plugs directly into the Jeep harness. takes maybe 5 minutes to set everything up. Getting the baseplate and wiring set up was an easy half-day job. Personally, I think the Blue Ox base plate is overpriced and flimsy compared to the Currie (they make the Rock Jock line of skid plates). The Blue Ox towbar, however, is a gorgeous piece of machinery, worth every penny when trying to hook up in a snowstorm.

The Brake Buddie is a pretty simple device, there are more sophisticated systems out there, but it's certainly easy and relatively inexpensive, and has the additional advantage of being easily salable if I decide to go with something else in the future.
2003 Fleetwood Southwind
Still employed, sort of, and counting down........
SAMCUDNEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 12:47 PM   #4
Texas Boomers Club
Forest River Owners Club
Blue Ox and Roadmaster, can't go wrong with either. Welcome to the forum, there are a lot of nice folks on this forum that are always willing to help. As they say, Ask and you will receive.
2011 Coachmen Concord, Ford E450
DRosedale, BRosedale and Yorkies, Max, Molly, Harley
Pineville, LA
DRosedale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
I see this is your first post. Welcome.

There are many threads on this subject and I would do a little searching and reading. There are many opinions and products to review.

Have fun.
2001 34' Alpine Coach
2008 Jeep Rubicon or 2012 Ford F150 4x4 Lariat towds
or a couple of different trailers
Retired in Apple Valley, California
Rich and Cork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 09:45 AM   #6
Monaco Owners Club
thanks for the info rich and cork
rolling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:45 AM   #7
We went with the Roadmaster brackets and the Sterling All Terrain tow bar for our Buick Rendezvous. The tow bar is very easy to use.

randco is offline   Reply With Quote