Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 02-05-2015, 10:47 PM   #15
Country Coach Owners Club
Originally Posted by Bikinjim View Post
I towed my 2010 Prius on an ACME EZE Tow dolly and it towed fine and tracked well. Just drive on the dolly, put the car in Park, fasten the wheel straps and safety chains, stow the ramps, and go.
I've done the exact same thing with my 2015 Prius and the ACME EZE Tow dolly with great success.

Tim Sullivan, 2000 Country Coach Magna, C10 Cat with 2015 Toyota Prius toad.
TimSullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-05-2015, 11:02 PM   #16
We have a Toyota Camry Hybrid and were originally told the rear wheels charge the battery and could overcharge it if dolly towed. Then we went to another Toyota dealer who took the time to really research it with us. They told us the Camry was the same set up as the Prius and it could be dolly towed with no problems.

Mike & Charlotte
2014 Newmar Canyon Star 3610
Orange County, California
Mike and Cha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 04:51 AM   #17
Official iRV2 Sponsor
Towing a Prius on the Acme EZE TOW Tow Dolly

Yes, a Prius can be towed on a dolly. We have hundreds of customers using our dolly for that car. No loading aids, no clearance issues on or off. In fact the Prius is the number one car question we receive every week. That is why the star our 12 minute video is a 2014 Prius. To watch the video follow this link, it will auto open. Thanks. Car Tow Dolly -The Lightest and Toughest Tow Dolly For All Car Towing Needs - Acme Car Tow Dolly Company
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2015, 05:31 PM   #18
Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
EZE Tow,

I asked this question several months ago and have shared your video (that you sent me of a Prius being towed on your dolly) to several people including two on this post. It is very clear by your video that a Prius can be safely towed.

Thank you for sharing the video with me previously. I will continue to share it but just like you posted it here for the OP, you did the same thing with me and I will be purchasing your dolly this summer for this purpose.

Love the sunshine and warmer weather!
Lynne and Jerry RVM 105
2004 Winnebago Itasca Sunova / 2012 Toyota Prius / 2016 ACME EZE-Tow Dolly
beamisl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2015, 09:41 AM   #19
Originally Posted by lllkrob View Post
No the engineering execution would not be all that difficult. It's the component manufacturing, certification, insurance coverage, and product support that gets exceedingly difficult, and very, very expensive.

So any time you want to invest say 5 to 10 million dollars to produce maybe 200 to 300 units a year projected sales .....
good point... look like i will have to stay with this little honda although prius would be nicer. between the dinghy and dolly, i would say go with one dinghy-able all day long. its just so much easier, within 5 minutes you are on the road.

2000 Country Coach Intrigue 40'
CountryFit is offline   Reply With Quote

tow, towing