Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 05-07-2016, 05:11 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
I tow mine with the key in the first click, just to where the steering wheel is unlocked....never a problem. Great toad.

brobox is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2016, 07:38 PM   #16

I e mailed Toyota for information on electronic brake assist.
This was the question:

I am trying to find out if my 2012 Tacoma Base model with standard 4 cyl engine has electronic assist brakes or not for towing with a drive shaft disconnect installed? I want to use a tow brake in it.

This is all the help they gave:

Thank you for contacting Toyota Motor Sales, U.S.A., Inc.

If the vehicle needs to be towed, it is recommended the vehicle be towed with all four wheels off the ground to prevent damage to the vehicle. This information can also be found in your Owner’s Manual. Additionally, depending on the year and model of the vehicle, the Owner’s Manual may be available for viewing online.

Your email has been documented at our National Headquarters. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Sincerely,

James F.
Toyota Customer Experience Center

KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 08:58 PM   #17

I think you asked the wrong people. Contact the auxiliary brake manufacturer. I have been researching the 2016 Tacoma as a toad. I currently have a SMI Stay n Play brake in my Xterra (vacuum assist). I contacted SMI tech support and they verified that the 2016 Tacoma does have electric assist and the Stay N Play will work fine with them. Not sure about the portable units (Blue Ox, Brake Buddy, etc). Give them a call.
PbdBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 09:30 AM   #18

From Toyota

They sent me a questionnaire about my experience with them (Toyota) and I was honest in that they didn't answer my question, here is their response:

I apologize, Mr. Thompson; I found that the vehicle does not have electric assist brakes and due to my error did not include that in my reply.

Sincerely,

James F.
Toyota Customer Experience Center

So there is the answer to that question, I am good to go. I also asked the fine folks at etrailer.com and they told me the Patriot will work great.

KTM251ss is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing