Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-28-2012, 07:24 PM   #15

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhumble
i give up
Have you tried calling "The Oldest RV Dealership in the World"?

http://www.acnrv.com/rv-service.aspx

They may be able to do the installation, or help you find someone who can.

I love my USGear system. Although I consider myself pretty handy, I chose NOT to attempt that installation.

Good Luck!

Take care,
Stu
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2012, 07:27 PM   #16

Entegra Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhumble
i give up
Disregard...double post...sorry!
Old 06-28-2012, 08:02 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljhumble View Post
i give up
I can't believe that you haven't been able to find any professional in the Omaha area that is familiar with the Unified Tow Brake.

I guess you've check all the hitch shops in town? Plus, you've checked with all the RV repair shops and dealers in town? Have you checked with A.C. Nelson, the place 777driver has suggested?

If nobody in the immediate Omaha area is familiar with the U.S. Gear Unified Tow Brake --again, I find that really difficult to believe-- then the next closest place is in Inwood Iowa which is 174 miles from Omaha according to Google Maps. Their name is Mid-State Gear and Driveline and are located at 212 E. Jefferson. Phone: 800-646-5242. Can't you go there? They are a factory authorized U.S. Gear installer and the closest to Omaha.

I wouldn't just give up. As a few of us have said, we love the U.S. Gear tow brake.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:50 PM   #18

u s gear

Hi Amanda, I think I would love the unified tow brake if I could find a technician to install it. I have been to Council Hitch, A C Nelson, Camping World in IA- no one willing. There is no way I can do this. I tried the number Inwood IA, just got an infomercial -wrong no or out of business? It would be difficult for me to get both the rv and the jeep there, as there is just one of me. Do appreciate the thought, but I have called, visited everyplace in the last 7 weeks I have been stranded here. MH also has serious electrical issues that Camping World declined to address- I have to get it back to factory in Indiana, but would prefer to have a vehicle to drive while it sits there for days, weeks

Linda
ljhumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:27 PM   #19

Hi Linda. I didn't mean to sound demeaning when I kept saying "I can't believe" but we are scratching our heads that in a city as big as Omaha, that there isn't anybody who would be willing to install the Unified Tow Brake.

DH feels bad as I'm sort of relaying some of the information from him. Now he's on the internet doing more research. He got Mid-State Gear and Driveline directly from the U.S. Gear website which may in fact be outdated. He plugged in a whole bunch of locations from their authorized dealer list and it seemed that Inwood Iowa was the closest location to Omaha.

Since logistics prevent you from traveling long distances to have the work done, we were thinking if perhaps some mobile RV tech would be willing to install it? Do you know of any mobile techs in the area? If you're in an RV park, ask around for some references. We've found that most RV parks will have business cards of mobile techs on display in their office. Also, talk to the longer-term residents of the park and ask them who they use. We have found that some mobile techs are really sharp (and, yes, some not so) but if you should run into a good one, he/she should easily be able to follow the installation instructions for the Unified Tow Brake.

DH is looking for other places to check and we will mention them as we run into them. You may have already checked with them but just in case you haven't, it might give you more places to call and inquire.

Here are a couple you might check if you haven't already done so:

Peterson

Mountain Home

Again, our apologies. We understand your predicament.
amanda_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 06:43 PM   #20

apparently in Nebraska the only technology they have to stop a trailer is a block of wood.
ljhumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:25 AM   #21
JCM

Workhorse Chassis Owner
Triple E Owners Club
I just finished installing one in my new 2012 CRV. Works great.
It was a bit of work but not as hard as when I installed it in a 2006 Corolla - pedals were very close together.
Need help - ask.

Tags
brake, install