I have installed (myself) and used the Unified Tow Brake (UTB) on two motorhomes and three different Toads over the past fifteen years. I now only have one Toad with a spare UTB system. Yes, there has been problems, but I have been able to work through and solve them with the help of US Gear techs.
All that said, I am finally, stumped. Ready to rip it out and trash it
I have the system on an Acura MDX and it has worked fine for several years. Now it will only works when the MDX engine is running. With the engine running, pull the breakaway and the actuator pulls the brake full on. However, when the engine is not running, the vacuum pump comes on and the actuator is only able to pull the peddle part way down. The pump pulls 15"hg and the voltages from the controller to the actuator are correct in both cases. A US Gear tech suggested that the MDX battery may be too weak, so I replaced it with the largest battery I could stuff in the MDX battery box. Didn't change a thing. All other components and voltages check-out fine. What am I missing