Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 08-20-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
Freightliner Owners Club
US Gear UTB-1000 Brake Install 11/12 Grand Cherokee

Searched - no answer
Yep, another Jeep Question!
Recently got a 2012 Grand Cherokee. Have removed my US Gear UTB-1000 brake system from the "old toad" a 2008 Liberty. Need to install the UTB-1000 in the Grand Cherokee. Need advice from someone whom has done this or had it done. Interested in locations for the vacuum pump under the hood and the Servo Motor. The area around the Master Brake Cylinder is "partitioned" off, though the vacuum line is accessible. The Servo I was planning to mount on passenger side foot well instead of under the seat like on the Liberty.
Suggestions would be appreciated. Maybe a link to a complete write up - already installed once, so I know that part - just not where things should go in this vehicle.

Michael & Debbie - 2009 Winnebago Destination 37G - Dramatic Gold - - 340 Cummins ISB, 2500 Allison, Freightliner XC
mickey53usa is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-20-2012, 08:43 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
I also have the UTB-1000 that I installed in a 2001 GMC Jimmy and then later removed and reinstalled in our 2008 GMC Envoy. in both cases I made the vacuum pump removable by plugging the vacuum line and then using an electrical quick connector (packard wearherpak) assembly. When towing the SUV, I just lay the vacuum pump along the drivers side front wheel well where it won't slide or drop down. This way, I can remove the pump whenever the SUV is not being towed so it is not subjected to engine heat and wear and tear when not actually being used.

As far as the servo actuator, in both vehicles my solution to avoid congestion under the dash or under front seats with electric mechanisms, I mounted mine under the pivoting rear seat on the passenger side of the vehicle. Naturally this required a longer actuating cable which I ordered directly from US GEAR. This set-up has worked flawlessly in my applications for over 12 years. As you are already aware, finding the best mounting location involves alot of viewing, analyzing and test fitting of the components to determine what works best for you specific vehicle.

Hope this helps and happy RV'g

Yukon Jack is offline   Reply With Quote

brake, install