Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-10-2013, 06:01 AM   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Road King View Post
If you ever need parts, try Tracker Ranch in Livingston, TX. The owner knows Trackers

They are fun little cars to drive and get around in and towing is a breeze!

Welcome
Thanks for the link! I'll be needing some trim pieces to replace the deteriorating black plastic that holds the ragtop.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-10-2013, 09:08 AM   #44

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
Id like to see a picture if you got one of the front hitch on your geo if you got one.
Here is ours. It was on it when we bought it so I don't have many details. A Blue Ox hooks right up though. I added the Ready Brake/Ready Stop.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	trackerfrt.jpg
Views:	872
Size:	344.0 KB
ID:	34687  
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:22 AM   #45

Freightliner Owners Club
Had a 93 Suzuki Sidekick 4wd- (Tracker) Towed for 15 years and never had the oscillations although I was aware of reports. Blue ox base plate & towbar.
Mfgr recommended flat tow, 4 down, transfer case neutral and Transmission in park. (key in acc to unlock steering) Or 4 wheels on dolly, never on a 2 wheel dolly, front or backwards. Also 4WD came with automatic front hubs which had to be changed to manual before towing. 2 wheel drive versions were not flat towable..
Do not remember: If the 2 wheel drive versions could tow on a 2 wheel dolly...
Hooligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 11:19 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaZy507 View Post
nice to see this thread even know its bad to have to have it happen. I was looking for a sidekick or a tracker, besides most of them are rusted out (around here) they are good little cars. I was shopping for one.couldnt find one. but i did find a 94 eagle summit..its a mini, mini van.and automatic.(wifes car) but dont have the go-threw power of a tracker..they make such good mudding vehicals..
Id like to see a picture if you got one of the front hitch on your geo if you got one.
This is my 96 with the Stowmaster. The tow bar lifts off the 2 mounting points after removing the padlocks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	P3102871.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	34699   Click image for larger version

Name:	P3102872.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	350.2 KB
ID:	34700  

Old 03-11-2013, 06:51 PM   #47

I had the same thing happen twice with our 1990 Geo tracker. Both instances were about 10-12 yrs ago after making a tight right turn. It hasn't happened since, and we've towed it about 75,000 miles since then.
I'll be selling the tracker soon as I now have a pickup that we can load the motorcycle into and tow behind the MH
PanJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2013, 10:52 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanJH View Post
I had the same thing happen twice with our 1990 Geo tracker. Both instances were about 10-12 yrs ago after making a tight right turn. It hasn't happened since, and we've towed it about 75,000 miles since then.
I'll be selling the tracker soon as I now have a pickup that we can load the motorcycle into and tow behind the MH
It's not a pretty sight in the rearview camera !!
Old 05-03-2013, 10:19 PM   #49

As an update .... towed the Geo about 500 miles on regular roads, rough surfaces, and interstates since adding a steering damper and new struts .... no shake. I'll assume it's fixed.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:04 AM   #50

UPDATE:

I's been 6 months and many miles ... problem has not reoccurred !!!
Old 01-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #51

Just saw this for the first time Bruce. I think I can confirm your fix? I had a Suzuki Samurai a few years back. They're very similar to the Tracker. Bought it for next to nothing with a blown engine, bought a wreck for next to nothing for it's engine , and used the best parts of the 2 to come up with a pretty nice little Sammy. Anyway, they have that front stabilizer you added as standard equipment. I remember that because I had to replace it for the same reason you added one to yours?

Sammy was only good for around the town driving. The final gear ratio only allowed for speeds up to about 60mph, so I sold it soon after getting it all sorted out. -Al
Old 01-22-2014, 08:19 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks View Post
Just saw this for the first time Bruce. I think I can confirm your fix? I had a Suzuki Samurai a few years back. They're very similar to the Tracker. Bought it for next to nothing with a blown engine, bought a wreck for next to nothing for it's engine , and used the best parts of the 2 to come up with a pretty nice little Sammy. Anyway, they have that front stabilizer you added as standard equipment. I remember that because I had to replace it for the same reason you added one to yours?

Sammy was only good for around the town driving. The final gear ratio only allowed for speeds up to about 60mph, so I sold it soon after getting it all sorted out. -Al
And yet another coincidence !! Mine's good up to 75 or so but the ragtop is probably only good to 70

BTW, a decent Sammy is now going for about $4 - 5K ... woohoo !
Old 01-22-2014, 08:47 AM   #53

Winnebago Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruceisla View Post
And yet another coincidence !! Mine's good up to 75 or so but the ragtop is probably only good to 70

BTW, a decent Sammy is now going for about $4 - 5K ... woohoo !
We get offers to buy our Tracker all the time. I see ones not in near as good shape for at least $3500 and we paid $1500. It was all set to tow except for a brake.

This past summer we had it painted to match the MH and put a new ragtop on. Looks like we are keeping it for a while.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Trackerinthe keys.jpg
Views:	145
Size:	255.3 KB
ID:	54415  
HD4Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 11:56 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD4Mark View Post
We get offers to buy our Tracker all the time. I see ones not in near as good shape for at least $3500 and we paid $1500. It was all set to tow except for a brake.

This past summer we had it painted to match the MH and put a new ragtop on. Looks like we are keeping it for a while.
Yup! ... I have people walking up to me and trying to buy it all the time! Ours still has good paint and it's on it's 2nd top. Not planning on selling ... at 2450lb. it's a terrific toad.

Yours looks really nice!