Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-21-2011, 08:04 PM   #1

Well, time for TPMS

On my way back from the Penn St/Bama game, I had a nice little surprise about 20 miles from home. A trucker I passed started blinking his lights like crazy, so I hit him on the cb. He said "I think u have a problem with your right front tire on that little jeep" funny thing is, I passed two state troopers and three other trucks about 3 miles before him. See attached pic!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2140646963.png
Views:	77
Size:	521.8 KB
ID:	14087   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3129264536.png
Views:	76
Size:	708.5 KB
ID:	14088  

pilot8251w is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-21-2011, 08:16 PM   #2

Thor Owners Club
Can't view pics...But your point is why do people not help when something appears to be wrong...And that is a thread that will go on forever..
I hope all turned out OK...Peace...D
Lemon and Tucker the Pups
Dixieray53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 08:20 PM   #3

Hmm, not sure why pics are not showing up... Yeah, it could have been much worse. New rim, new tire, new fender flare and new marker light for my jeep... Poor little guy! Haha
Old 09-21-2011, 09:33 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
ouch. i see the pic fine. the tire however, has vanished without a trace.

When we got the new bus, I put in a TST system. I like it. With the old coach, I went around and checked the tire pressures manually, every morning and every stop. Still lost 2 tires in the coach, and checking pressures was a pain.

I've had this coach sine MArch, 11,000 miles. The only time I've touched the tires is to screw on the TST sensors.
JimM68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 10:04 PM   #5

Jim,
Which system did you go with? What are the pros and cons?
Old 09-21-2011, 10:17 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I bought the Tire-SafeGuard system about 3 years ago. I chose it because of the flow thru sensors and no repeater is necessary. Customer service has been outstanding!

08 Winnebago Destination 39W Gas UFO Workhorse Chassis......It's really weird being the same age as old people. I thought getting old would take much longer.
UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 11:28 PM   #7

Vintage RV Owners Club
Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot8251w View Post
Jim,
Which system did you go with? What are the pros and cons?
Sounds like this one: http://www.tsttruck.com/RV_Tire_Systems.html
Midniteoyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 12:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Winnebago Owners Club
Just installed the TST TPMS took about 20 minutes to get it 6 wheels setup and monitoring. Would have gone a bit quicker but the valve stem on front wheels were recessed inside wheel and not centered in the hole in the wheel so had gently, very gently tweak their position. Very easy setup, nice looking monitor. I chose to hardwire the monitor rather than using the cigarette lighter plug. TST TM-510 came with both options.
sdennislee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 07:57 AM   #9

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
Be warned that I had the TST sensors seize on to the valve stems on my MH which required them to be CUT OFF! I had to have all six of my 22.5" tires dismounted then remounted/balanced to replace the valve stems. I'm not sure what material they use but it reacted with the stem material on my MH which was brand new when I installed them. I was accused of having used a locking compound but this was not the case (I was also accused of profiteering when I tried get compensated for the cost of the work which cost me $250.00).
You are also told that you must change out the rubber stems on your toad wheels and replace them with metal ones.
I would recommend you try another brand such as pressure pro and avoid this possible issue.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:29 AM   #10

Use a product called Never Sieze.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 08:49 AM   #11

Thor Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
Ford Super Duty Owner
If you use any foreign compound and they fail (and their sensors are know to), they will not honor the warranty, for what its worth.
DGShaffer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2011, 10:11 AM   #12

I'm thinking I'll use the sensors that mount inside the tire on the rim.