Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-15-2014, 07:53 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
Only if you wire it through the ignition, a circuit already often overloaded. Mine is wired directly from the (+) post of the chassis batteries, which are behind the rear wheels of the RV.
Mine is wired to pin 4 of the plug in the rear. All Fords go through an ignition switch relay. Chev doesn't.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-17-2014, 01:59 PM   #30
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don and Dar View Post
HELP!!!

We'll be towing a Chevy Cruze. We've been told by Acme eze tow the transmission must be in neutral. In neutral the ignition key is in the ON position, therefore is draining the battery.
Does anyone have a solution for this problem?
I would double check this with Acme. The car's tranny does not need to be in neutral, but the steering lock must be disengaged (if there is a steering lock).

Most all cars have a differential type device in the driveline that will allow the wheels to turn opposite directions as the EZE-Tow makes turns. This is good. But, most of the turning is made by the toad's steering - just like a flat towed car.

There is no need for a pivot pan with the EZE-Tow because of the way the toad's wheels can make the turn. Pivot pans and steering axles (seen on other brand dollys) only add weight and increase the maint points. The EZE-Tow is simple as an anvil and works just as designed.

I tow on my EZE-Tow with the car's tranny in Park, the parking brake off, and the steering lock disengaged. Works perfectly

Safe travels
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2014, 03:51 PM   #31

I run a charge line from pin 4 to my toad battery through a diode for isolation.
wyorancher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 07:03 AM   #32

We do not have an opinion about the transmission position. It can be neutral or park. That is a choice for you to make. The column needs to be free to to turn.
Please watch our video on our website for complete information on using our dolly. The video address and answers the question about battery drainage. Thanks.
EZE Tow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #33

hi
might have answered to you before but to get professional advice from people that do this everyday who also set up my car and they are good

call cliffs welding mesa az it's worth the call

chip winnipeg
lacdubonnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2014, 03:17 PM   #34

Fleetwood Owners Club
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Our thanks to each one of you!! This site is great.
My husband and a friend of his decided that the easiest way to unlock the steering mechanism is to disengage the positive battery connection. He hasn't tried this yet but he will soon.
Thanks for telling us about Cliff's welding in Mesa! We're planning on going to Mesa in December!!
Don and Dar is offline   Reply With Quote