Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 10-23-2014, 09:02 AM   #141

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleUser View Post
We gave the CR-V a test drive. Too much road noise, small uncomfortable cabin, and too much of a hassle to work around the small quickly discharged battery. It's a popular toad, but, for us there are a few better choices. And, a trailer or tow dolly are not among those choices for us. Life is hard enough without making it harder!

Following this as we are looking into moving into the MH from a large 5er...

One of our camping buddies has a NICE jeep unlimited and the other a new. larger crv toad...
from a 'passengers' standpoint I can tell you the jeep is not the most comfortable, but it is light years more comfortable than the crv !

and I've been in the 'back' of two seaters
(but that was MANY moons and two knee surgeries ago !)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2014, 10:46 PM   #142

Send a message via Yahoo to wmpbauer
Love our Ford Edge!

Wmpbauer

Sun City Center, FL
wmpbauer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:27 AM   #143

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Edge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmpbauer View Post
Love our Ford Edge!

Wmpbauer
Truly an easy tow. Add the room for additional storage and the ability to transport our two large furry friends.
Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #144

Monaco Owners Club
We tow a 2011 Chev HHR. Limited on weight with our MH, HHR works at just over 3,100 lbs. Used switch so don't have to pull fuse every time. Easy to hook-up and go.
zekegb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:02 PM   #145

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We pull a 2013 KIA Soul on an Acme dolly. We use a dolly because I did not want to mess up a good car with adding brackets and brake systems. The KIA is a fun car, very roomy, high roof for easy in/out (won't believe it until you get in one). Six speed manual so it will tow flat if I ever decide to go 4 down. Right now would not change a thing.
Old 10-24-2014, 07:28 PM   #146

I currently tow a 2008 Honda Civic MT four-down because it is what I had. The Civic has been a great toad - easy to set up and light. My next toad is a 2014 CR-V. Just waiting to "need" to set it up for towing.
Old 10-25-2014, 10:35 AM   #147

Fleetwood Owners Club
Toe a 2012 Grand Cherokee and would do it again. Easy 4 down tow and comfortable ride when unhooked.
Old 10-25-2014, 11:41 AM   #148

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to CFXCH
I have towed a Jeep Liberty Renegade with BlueOX tow bar and M&G brake system (http://www.m-gengineering.com/index.htm) for 35000 miles with no issues whatsoever. Put transfer case in neutral, Automatic Transmission in park, Turn key on to first notch to free steering, LOCK the doors with other key, Hook up quick-tach brake air line from coach and I'm good to go. It is important to lock the doors because the vehicle will lock them for you and the steering when you hit 20 mph.
CFXCH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:13 PM   #149

Winnebago Owners Club
Actually looked at the Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk and the Cadillac SRX today. Thinking about getting a softer ride for my aging bones. The Wrangler Rubi has been a great toad, just too small for us now and not very good as a daily driver. \ken
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:22 PM   #150

American Coach Owners Club
We don't tow, part of the Enterprise group. Costs $30 for the weekend after Sept 1. ( don't know when it stops cause we put the MH away in December). In three years probably spent $1,000 total renting cars when needed. Lots of neighborhood locations. Understand Hertz is starting to do the small city thing too now.
Old 10-26-2014, 07:45 PM   #151

I just purchased a 1993 Saturn SL2 with 98k miles complete with Blue Ox baseplate and light wiring. It also came with a Blue OX Aladdin tow bar. I am looking forward to getting it hooked up and heading south for a few days.
Old 10-27-2014, 12:17 AM   #152

Fleetwood Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfchrist View Post
We don't tow, part of the Enterprise group. Costs $30 for the weekend after Sept 1. ( don't know when it stops cause we put the MH away in December). In three years probably spent $1,000 total renting cars when needed. Lots of neighborhood locations. Understand Hertz is starting to do the small city thing too now.
I did that for a while until I started visiting places off the beaten path. Either they didn't deliver where I was, or the DW would have to pick it up hours away and follow me to and from. After a while it became a hassle and set up my old TV to be my towed. After towing 4 down I will never go back to renting a car. I know it works for some.
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2014, 12:40 AM   #153

Thor Owners Club
Mid Atlantic Campers
We tow a 2007 Honda CR-V. We call it our "toy hauler". We haul a tandem Hobie Kayak on the roof rack, two cruiser bikes on a bike carrier on the rear hitch, two sets of golf clubs in the trunk and two bowling balls on the rear floor.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:12 AM   #154

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Spartan Chassis
We towed a 4 dr Jeep Wrangler for five years and a Jeep Grand Cherokee for past three years.
Both 4x4's
No problems and they are built right here in USA
We use Roadmaster Sterling A T tow bar with air brake unit

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4x4
deaton is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow