Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 09-06-2014, 01:42 PM   #29

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Tow a 2014 Ford F-150 4X4 Crew cab with 6.5 bed 4-down. Having new Amerideck loading system installed so we can haul our golf cart. Towed truck about 1000 miles with no problems. Using Demco tow bar.

gmullen is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-06-2014, 01:58 PM   #30

Tow 2012 Chevy Captiva. It is similar to 2008 to 2010 Saturn Vue. Easy to tow.

Old 09-06-2014, 02:17 PM   #31
Moderator Emeritus

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
2012 Jeep Wrangler. Would definitely do it again.

SarahW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 02:36 PM   #32

National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Have towed a Jeep CJ7 (really wish we would have kept it), several Jeep Wranglers, and now a Jeep Liberty. Would absolutely tow any of them again.
Firebug5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #33
JSW

A 2009 Pontiac Vibe with manual transmission. I've towed it over 35,000 miles. It's simple to get ready, just hook it up, put it in neutral, turn key to first position and go.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:04 PM   #34

Tiffin Owners Club
What kind of problem are you having. Transmission I bet. I am on my third transmission and Ford is proving to be a real pain in the ---. If you decide to go with a trans pump do not allow Ford to install it, $3,600 for it. It tows like a rock. Decreases mileage on the MH buy one mile a gallon. I have the same year and model you have and tow it four down. I will never have another Ford product!
Old 09-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
2006 Honda CRV AWD. 85,000 on the clock and another 50,000 behind the MH. On my 3rd set of tires and my 3rd set of brake pads and I would do it again without hesitation.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2014, 03:40 PM   #36

Cadillac SRX. Lift the shift boot, press the 'magic' button, and put it in neutral. No fuses, no keys, no hassle.
Old 09-06-2014, 03:50 PM   #37

Newmar Owners Club
Honda AWD CRV, hands down the best Toad on the road! This is our third CRV in the past 15 years and they have ALL been flawless.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:28 PM   #38

Vintage RV Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
I told her 2010 Ford escape. motorhome magazine and ford manual say you can tell it four wheel down.

My first trip from the West Coast to the East Coast I had to replace the steering computer column for about 2000 and the transmission for about 4000 and right front axle.

Just rolled in that North Dakota yesterday and tried to start the car started fine but I couldn't shift it. Checked the transmission fluid and it was full to the required Place that Ford recommends. (They drained some out so it's not completely full and doesn't blow the oil out, The Ford garage set it that way) inside the dipstick I couldn't hear it sizzle and it smelled awful.

They towed it away today. thankfully GoodSam is paying for the 35 mile tow.

I looked at my receipts for the last transmission repair and they say that I have a 36 month limited warranty. I am just hoping that whatever is wrong with it is covered by that limited warranty.

We like the little SUV it was only two wheel front wheel drive. The mileage for the motorhome didn't change at all towing the car.

Our 96 holiday rambler only has 230 hp so there's no way were going to be able to tow a big rig like a lot if you guys do. When we bought the 2010 Ford escape we had chance to buy 2005 CRV for exactly the same price, five years newer seemed like a better option and we both thought the Ford was more comfortable.

There are no more Saturn views. It seems to me that the CRV's are overpriced. I haven't checked jeep prices yet.
Old 09-06-2014, 05:37 PM   #39

Buick enclave four down and never a problem. I can be 30 miles down the road in the time it used to take to put my Buick rendezvous on the tow dolly.
Old 09-06-2014, 07:19 PM   #40

Chevrolet Equinox, easiest I have towed.
Past tow cars
VW Rabbit
Isuzu Amigo
Jeep wrangler and CJ7
Jeep GC
All were good tow cars with no problems.
Old 09-07-2014, 09:19 PM   #41

Jeep is by far the most popular vehicle to tow 4-down. It requires no modifications, other than installation of the towing base plates.
2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2014, 09:22 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droberts9747 View Post
I told her 2010 Ford escape. motorhome magazine and ford manual say you can tell it four wheel down.

My first trip from the West Coast to the East Coast I had to replace the steering computer column for about 2000 and the transmission for about 4000 and right front axle.

Just rolled in that North Dakota yesterday and tried to start the car started fine but I couldn't shift it. Checked the transmission fluid and it was full to the required Place that Ford recommends. (They drained some out so it's not completely full and doesn't blow the oil out, The Ford garage set it that way) inside the dipstick I couldn't hear it sizzle and it smelled awful.

They towed it away today. thankfully GoodSam is paying for the 35 mile tow.

I looked at my receipts for the last transmission repair and they say that I have a 36 month limited warranty. I am just hoping that whatever is wrong with it is covered by that limited warranty.

We like the little SUV it was only two wheel front wheel drive. The mileage for the motorhome didn't change at all towing the car.

Our 96 holiday rambler only has 230 hp so there's no way were going to be able to tow a big rig like a lot if you guys do. When we bought the 2010 Ford escape we had chance to buy 2005 CRV for exactly the same price, five years newer seemed like a better option and we both thought the Ford was more comfortable.

There are no more Saturn views. It seems to me that the CRV's are overpriced. I haven't checked jeep prices yet.
Check out the 2015 Jeep Rondevous, $20,000 price range.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA 1SG, retired;PPA,Good Sam Life member,FMCA."We the people are the rightful masters of both the Congress and the Courts - not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution. "Abraham Lincoln"
Ray,IN is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow