Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 03-08-2013, 02:22 AM   #71

Crap! Mine is supposed to be here tomorrow or Monday. In the meantime, the one I ordered from Cool Tech came in rocket fast and is sitting here today. I'm tempted to just go ahead and put it in but I know the second I do, the online, nitrogen actuated, common fistulator will have a NEGATIVE interaction with the squirrel feather reactor and fail as a result. I'm thinking the same thing...wire separate lights outside of the Jeep wiring.

This is really a mess. Just brilliant. Thanks for letting us know; probably saves dozens of us even greater headaches

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-08-2013, 03:49 AM   #72

I had no trouble installing the TrailerMate harness on my 2012 Wrangler Sport. Just a simple plug and play harness with plugs on both sides & also a spare plug for trailer lights if I ever decided on a rear hitch. Works great & no problems with install. No wires to cut or splice. I just changed out their 4 pin plug in front for a 6 pin so I could charge my toad battery while I was on the road.

Old 03-08-2013, 08:14 AM   #73

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Ready brake here I come!
Fulltime-Home is where we park it.
Davdeb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #74

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davdeb1 View Post
Ready brake here I come!
I think RV folks just love the hassle, Ready brake; not sexy but real good!!
Old 03-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #75

Not sure what the problem was with the previous poster and the Mopar harness but I had mine installed today with no issues.

I wasn't too excited about the extra $$ to have it installed but it's under warranty with the rest of the Jeep and I'm good with that.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #76

LostTrail,

The dealer tech told me he couldn't install the Mopar harness. They told me they called Mopar and were told the part didn't work for 2012-13 Wranglers despite what the website showed. Are they just complete idiots?

How difficult of an install was it? Any information would be welcome. Thanks!

avid
2015 Bay Star 3103, 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
Falcon 2 All terrain tow bar, RVi2 brake, Towmate TM3 wireless lights
avid_dk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:31 PM   #77

"complete" is such an encompassing term! Install charge was for three hours of labor and everything appears to be set; nothing hanging out or not looking correct. Not thrilled by the way the plug end is just set on the bumper with a zip tie but I'll be modding a bracket for it in a day or so.

Neither the tech nor the service manager said there were any issues and I suspect that three hours was just for billing, not actual time in the bay.

Not sure what your dealer has against this part but I checked with the parts desk on the way out today and they looked it up for me ; no issues noted.

Good luck!
Old 03-19-2013, 05:44 AM   #78

Newmar Owners Club
Will ReadyBrake need to be installed before or after the towbar bracket?
reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:13 AM   #79

Nor'easters Club
BREAK BUDDY and JEEPS... I too had the issue with a poor alignment with the seat and deep floor plan. When I called break buddy they sent me an aluminum plate, curved at the top to fit the seat cushion. System works great. Also added an adaptor to the MH trailer plug .... Bully TC-182 12V Trailer Adapter : Amazon.com : Automotive , which allows me to add a fused charge wire to the battery from the 12 volt plug on the adaptor.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:17 AM   #80

Nor'easters Club
On another note...I learned the hard way, if you have a hybrid vehicle you need a special type of break activator.... Cause hybrids with electric brakes are full time...not just when engine is running....so I now have 2 break buddys$$$$$.
ditto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM   #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditto View Post
BREAK BUDDY and JEEPS... I too had the issue with a poor alignment with the seat and deep floor plan. When I called break buddy they sent me an aluminum plate, curved at the top to fit the seat cushion. System works great. Also added an adaptor to the MH trailer plug .... Bully TC-182 12V Trailer Adapter : Amazon.com : Automotive , which allows me to add a fused charge wire to the battery from the 12 volt plug on the adaptor.
Blue Ox charges $55 for that plate made out of cheap plastic. I am making one out of a piece of 10 inch dia pvc pipe. Just using a portion of the oval.
Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by reubenray View Post
Will ReadyBrake need to be installed before or after the towbar bracket?
Not sure I understand the question. The Readybrake is incorporated into the towbar itself. The baseplate is installed on the car separately. A cable is run from the brake pedal to the front of the toad, this is a permanent installation and is connected to the Readybrake with a short cable. The hookup or disconnect takes about 10 seconds. Really slick.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:18 PM   #83

I'm sitting at the shop waiting on them to finish installing the M & G brakes and break away system on the MH and the toad. Going with Blue Ox tow bar and baseplates.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:41 PM   #84

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by VestaDave View Post
Not sure I understand the question. The Readybrake is incorporated into the towbar itself. The baseplate is installed on the car separately. A cable is run from the brake pedal to the front of the toad, this is a permanent installation and is connected to the Readybrake with a short cable. The hookup or disconnect takes about 10 seconds. Really slick.
I was concerned about the location the cable comes out of in the front of the vehicle. Being the front grill has to come off I was wondering if the cable would be in the way of installing the baseplate.

reubenray is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brakes, toad