Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 12-28-2015, 12:57 AM   #1

What to tow with my View

I'm a single woman with a 2016 View. I've looked at Motorhome magazine dingy guide, but don't know what to get. It must be easy...also friend found the fiat too light to tow. Would consider a truck. Manual train is no problem.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2015, 01:07 AM   #2

depending on capacity for towing, jeeps are very popular, manual transfer case in nuetral and tow four down. Just my opinion.

Spencer & Tracie RVM#62
2013 RAM 3500DRW 4x4 Laramie, Cummins, 385HP,850FTLBS Aisin Trans
2014 DRV Elite Suite 41RESB4
Spare puller:2004 RAM3500DRW Cummins (DW's truck)
Roosters 67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2015, 01:40 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by meyeram1 View Post
I'm a single woman with a 2016 View. I've looked at Motorhome magazine dingy guide, but don't know what to get. It must be easy...also friend found the fiat too light to tow.
What problem from being to light to tow? I see many folks towing light vehicles. Even the tiny "Smart-type" cars are popular.
Old 12-28-2015, 01:42 AM   #4

We had a Navion and bought a Kia Soul with 6 speed manual transmission. It has worked perfectly since Sept 2013. We now have a DP and the Kia has an SMI stay in play duo braking system as well. Works flawlessly and takes only a few minutes to hook up. One switch to turn braking system on and we're ready to go.
Old 12-28-2015, 07:02 AM   #5

IMHO the whole point of a nimble little Class C is that you don't need a toad.

If it takes 5 minutes to hook it up / unhook it why bother? You can unhook your m/h in the same 5 minutes.

Now if you had a 42' bus that would be a different story.
Old 12-28-2015, 10:21 AM   #6

Bounced too much..wore out tires
Old 12-28-2015, 10:38 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post

If it takes 5 minutes to hook it up / unhook it why bother? You can unhook your m/h in the same 5 minutes.

The 2016 View is a smaller size Class 'C' , but you would also have to consider the possibility you just may want to go out several times in one day. I think I would rather tow a 'small' toad instead of all the hooking up and unhooking each time I wanted to go somewhere. On the other hand, if you were going to stay put pretty much, than probably no toad.. Good Luck with you decision!!
Old 12-29-2015, 12:20 AM   #8

We took ONE trip without a towed car. That was it. Once set up, even a small rig is a pain to fiddle with to take somewhere compared to jumping in a car. The Kia Soul only weighs 2700 lbs and we got 14 MPG towing it with the Navion!
Old 12-31-2015, 11:34 PM   #9

Jeep Wrangler is an awesome toad. Tow an older one behind our Navion and gets us to places we wouldn't dare take our coach.

Gary
2008 Navion
Old 01-01-2016, 09:50 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post

I disagree completely - it is a pain to break down camp if you have fully set up. Our class B is too small to not fully set up and be comfortable for long. We spent three days without a second vehicle when going to a full service resort (with robust camp store) and taking our golf cart.

When we camp in our B, we usually take an extra vehicle and are usually camping 2 hours or less from home.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2016, 05:55 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf7g View Post
I disagree completely - it is a pain to break down camp if you have fully set up. Our class B is too small to not fully set up and be comfortable for long. We spent three days without a second vehicle when going to a full service resort (with robust camp store) and taking our golf cart.

When we camp in our B, we usually take an extra vehicle and are usually camping 2 hours or less from home.

How exactly would you juggle a golf cart (presumably on a trailer) and a toad at the same time?

Some people like to eat out while on vacation, some go to Mickey D's, some to a fine restaurant. Are either one 'wrong' for their preference?
Old 01-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #12

We vary ours all the time. Short weekend, just the Bago and mountain bikes, long trips Jeep or trailer with our motorcycles. Just depends...no right or wrong.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:53 PM   #13

small truck

Anyone towing a small truck
Old 01-08-2016, 02:07 PM   #14

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjf7g View Post

Maybe I'm missing something, and I mean no disrespect, but isn't the whole point of a Class B the mobility and simplicity of it? Presumably one sacrifices space and comfort in exchange for being able to just pick up and go whenever and wherever.
If you're going to set up in one spot for an extended period of time and tow a vehicle, why wouldn't you want a larger more comfortable motorhome? As I said, no disrespect intended and to each their own, but I don't get it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
baraff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow