Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-12-2016, 09:10 PM   #1

What's in Your Trailer?

There are other threads asking to show your trailer. Most members posted pictures of the outside. I would love to see what's in your wallet.... I mean trailer!
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
BrokeDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-12-2016, 10:03 PM   #2

Outdoors RV Owners Club
A very comfy mattress and sheets.
More dog hair than should be, and the wonderful dog that sheds it
Enough coffee to get me through weeks of boondocking, as long as I have water.

The things that are important to me.
My home.
Old 04-13-2016, 10:37 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

MrCoffee drip coffeemaker with thermos carafe. A few cans of Bud. Several bottles of drinking water. A pint of half and half for coffee. Eggs and Jimmy Dean sausage, whole wheat bread, Miracle Whip instead of Mayo, sliced ham, tomatoes, 1% milk. Serta EuroTop mattress replaced the cheap mattress Skyline included. 20" flat-screen TV that we rarely watch. A few small bottles of juice and Sprite and root beet. We both read a lot between dinner and lights out, so there are a few novels in the trailer, my historical novels and her adventure novels. And special reading lights set up over the bed for me and over the dinette for her.

Sugar, the Border Collie whose Dad was a champion from the border between Wales and England. Marguerita (Rita), the rescued Chihuahua so we don't know her pedigree but she's a sweetheart.

And in the "basement", several adapters to convert to/from 15 amp, 20 amp, 30 amp and 50 amp. Heavy-duty bottle jack in case of a flat on the trailer. 2' x 3' piece of 5/8" plywood for a jack base in case a tire must be changed in a muddy ditch. 30-foot 30-amp extension cord, 100 foot 20-amp extension cord. 20-amp cordless drill for tightening the 4 stabilizer jacks and the spring bars on the ProPride WD hitch. Sockets and wrenches to do whatever needs to be done. Various sewer hose adapters. Ultra-fab wheel chocks ( https://www.etrailer.com/Wheel-Chock...21-001091.html ). Two 10-packs of Ultra-Fab leveling blocks (one 10-pack is usually enough, but not always).
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
SmokeyWren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 10:47 AM   #4

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
There are other threads asking to show your trailer. Most members posted pictures of the outside. I would love to see what's in your wallet.... I mean trailer!
I might be wrong, but I am thinking the OP meant "Enclosed Trailers" that are towed behind Class A Motorhome's?
I am saying this due to his profile, it seems he is about to pickup a 08' Mountain Aire.............Congratulations to ya
and be sure to post some picture's of her when you can!
Heres what mine looks like and what is in it:
(If I am reading the OP's post wrong.........forgive me!)

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04479.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	189.9 KB
ID:	123999   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04481.jpg
Views:	127
Size:	326.6 KB
ID:	124000  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04483.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	124001   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04484.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	296.1 KB
ID:	124002  

Old 04-13-2016, 10:57 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse89 View Post
I might be wrong, but I am thinking the OP meant "Enclosed Trailers" that are towed behind Class A Motorhome's?]
Then he posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for RV trailers. If he intended to discuss cargo trailers towed by a motorhome, then he should post it in the motorhome forum.
Old 04-13-2016, 02:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
Then he posted in the wrong forum.
As a webmaster of another forum, you would think I would get this stuff right.

I meant an enclosed or open tow behind trailer, can we get a moderator to move this for me?

BD (BrokeDown or Big Dummy)
Full time RVer since 4/2016. Newmar Mountain Aire 4523 - Jeep Rubicon - Harley FLTCR - 2022 F450 Platinum, 2022 Momentum 351MS-R with Curt Flex Air hitch and MORryde IS - Also considering a Polaris General 4 Seater and a Can Am Spyder RT
Old 04-13-2016, 02:13 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokeyWren View Post
MrCoffee drip coffeemaker with thermos carafe. A few cans of Bud. Several bottles of drinking water. A pint of half and half for coffee. Eggs and Jimmy Dean sausage, whole wheat bread, Miracle Whip instead of Mayo, sliced ham, tomatoes, 1% milk.
Thanks for that reply. It was not what I meant, but this is good information anyway.....
Old 04-13-2016, 02:35 PM   #8

Nothing is in my trailer... Emptying out the old TT in preparation to pick up the 5er on Saturday!
chertz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2016, 02:40 PM   #9

Antiques when I'm doing shows, otherwise our Harleys.
Old 04-13-2016, 08:27 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokeDown View Post
... can we get a moderator to move this for me?
Go back to your post #1. Look down on the left side of the post to the bottom left corner. There you will see a red triangle with a black mark in it. When anyone clicks on that red triangle, it creates a blank note to the moderators that you are reporting a problem post. Explain the problem in the little note box and they will do the rest. I've often reported posts that were in the wrong forum, and the moderators on IRV2.com are fast and efficient in taking care of the problem. I normally use Twitter shorthand such as "shd be moved to the toad forum." I could report it now, but I thought I'd allow you to do it so next time you'll have experience.
Grumpy ole man with over 60 years towing experience. Now my heaviest trailer is a 7'x16' 5,000-pound flatbed utility trailer, my tow vehicle is a 2019 F-150 Lariat 3.5L EcoBoost SuperCab with Max Tow (1,904 pounds payload capacity).
Old 04-17-2016, 12:32 AM   #11

,hopefully my enclosed 20' trailer was custom built for me I added a genset area dolor panels , insulation, AC with heat strip, led lights it has a crew door and a vehicle ramp door.thats how I got it. They mounted two Rv batteries for the solar system and a motorcycle/utv battery for the breaking system.why the extra battery I don't know. Inside the area where the genset is was made into a counter but it leaves enough room to pull the SxS utv in beside it.

Still need to get the inverter wired up and a few creature comforts to use for lodging on short trips.

Used it once with the Motorhome to go to as for about two weeks. I loaded up the gear for the event I was attending, plus the ranger etx and strapped it down.

We forgot to install the brake controller in the Motorhome so it went out and back with trailer brakes never missed them but that has since be corrected as it was a several hour job locating the proper points according to the service bulletin and running the wire. Not a plug and play setup.out of the four wires I think two went to the same harness the other two one went that way the this wat. If I would have know that at the time of buying the controller I would have went to the prodigy 4 wifi unit plug in power port in tow vehicle and you done with that part plugin line with the trailer with part two and mount box to trailer and your done. Great setup if the distance isn't too far between units from what I read.

Now I'm looking at putting a street legal vehicle in it my choices are few. Three I know of based on factory specs. The ranger takes up 110" of the 240" of space in the trailer that's not the hard part. The tough thing is finding a vehicle under 130" overall length. Tomorrow we are loading the ranger as far forward with some padding between the wall and what ever touches it. Then I plan to close the ramp and measure a few different ways how much room is left. Then we will lower the ramp run a smart car in and see how it fits with the ranger and ramp door closed. I can load the large black storage box in the back of the ranger during transport. Strapping the ranger down in this position shouldn't to be that hard.

Tiring the smart ar down is another thing. I was going to buy all new followers ow eye bolt since the one from this car is gone along with the tire repair kit. The car has some other minor problems that I'll look In to tomorrow and price will be adjusted to allow repair. This isn't the place for those comments. Along with the two vehicles and storage Voc a few other items will be swqeezed in like a rugged gun cart, ammo and other countries sentinel items and eventually a cot, tv and toaster and microwave oven and fridge. Counter might get cluttered. I also have a Coleman electric cooler I'm going to put back there for extra cold items if the solar will power it great if not add more panels. Olive got three cheap 15wt panels I can use. One day I'll go and blog on my full setups with photos and trip reports etc.
Blackey Cole is offline   Reply With Quote