Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 06-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #15
Originally Posted by Mr_D View Post
Nope, it's not. I got that info direct from Honda and their legal dept. back in 2005 when they changed their story.
The only Honda's that are towable after 2004 were the Fit and CR-V. We went all through that before Honda paid for our towing gear. I even asked for them to do a buy back or go to another model like the Pilot and they said the Pilot wasn't towable either. Only the CR-V and then, later, they added the Fit.
<sigh>. Do I have to copy scan the owners manual and post it? <lol>. It says TOWABLE ... and gives the methods to do so. We've pulled ours across the USA several times, with no problems. Friends of ours have an exact duplicate of our 2005, same color too. Every year we meet them somewhere in Texas. They have never had a lick of a problem with their Element either.

This winter when we were at a Benson, AZ park we were beside another RVer from Ohio. He sat with us and chatted about his former job as an assembly line manager at the Honda plant. He said he probably was the guy that did the final inspection on our car. And ... yes ... he was well aware that the 2005 Element was the last one deemed TOWABLE.

When we purchased ours it was at the end of the model year. Originally we went in to buy a 2006 Element but the salesman told us that Honda does not list it as towable, but he had two silver 2005 Elements remaining in inventory. Showed us the owners manual page that explains the procedure for towing. We thought it over and bought BOTH of their remaining 2005 models. Gave one to our youngest son who now has over 110,000 miles on his. Ours only has 23,000 odometer miles and about 21,000 miles towed behind the Prevost bus. About time for a new set of tires.

Moonrover is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-21-2013, 04:35 PM   #16
I have a 2006 Tacoma with an automatic that I flat tow behind my DP. I had a driveshaft connect installed and it works just fine. By the time the truck was ready to be at towed it wasn't cheap.

Scoz is online now   Reply With Quote