Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-01-2010, 04:27 PM   #1

Fleetwood Owners Club
Where did you mount the Operating Unit on the Stay in Play Jeep Wranger

I purchased the SMI Stay in Play and am now ready to install it on Saturday. Finally took a few minutes to watch the DVD and pop the hood of my 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara and was trying to figure out where to place the Controller.

Any ideas?

Thanks in Advance......

BounderFreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2010, 03:31 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sorry, just saw your post and maybe too late. I have the same system installed in a '08 Wrangler. The control is installed in the forward(slant) of the passenger footwell under the carpet. No heat from the engine compartment, no dirt/moisture and very little vibration. Unless the wife is 6'6", she'll never no it's under the forward carpet. Very slick install. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 06:59 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
scenic route,

Thanks for the post!

I spent some time with a beer sippin buddy of mind and we determined that the controller would fit nicely next to the battery.

Today we installed everything and the fit and finish is so slick you cannot see anything. I am very pleased with the install and tomorrow I am taking it out for a road test.

Old 04-04-2010, 09:27 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
BounderFreddy, no worries...glad the install went well and hope the road test was a success also.

I'm very satisfied with the way the Duo brakes the Jeep although I'm thinking of making an adjustment to lessen the braking action as a 'flat lander'. I am jealous of your '10 not having the steering lock. Power to the controller is killed when your islolate or cut off the batt. ground and a dummy key is used. For now, it's only short trips so I'll have to deal with it until I figure out how to work around the accessory power drain on the battery. Happy toading. Bob

'05 Monaco Windsor 40 DST - ISL / '08 Wrangler
scenic route is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 06:03 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Winnebago Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Coastal Campers
Carolina Campers
Quote:
Originally Posted by scenic route View Post
..... until I figure out how to work around the accessory power drain on the battery. Happy toading.
Bob, When you disconnect the umbilical from the jeep there should not be any power drain on the battery. If you are not stepping on the brake, there should also not be any drain on the battery. I have a DUO and I have not had an electrical drain problem where I was not able to crank over the car. I will normally start my car during lunch or afternoon break depending.
DriVer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:38 PM   #6

Fleetwood Owners Club
Roadtest was a success, well ok almost perfect! I had the sensitivety to hi (strong) and when I used the turn signals I could hear the Stay in Play unit pulse on and off through the speaker of the rear camera.

A quick call to SMI taught me that backing off of the sensitivety was all I needed to do to eliminate this.

More and more impressed with this product!