Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-11-2015, 05:14 PM   #29

Country Coach Owners Club
Moderate offroad and comfort I favor the Jeep Grand Cherokee - I aspire to a newer model ecodiesel that can be flat towed (I understand some newer Jeep drive trains may not be able to be flat towed). The hemi jeep has tremendous power, but less economy compared to diesel.

More sever offroad I would favor the Jeep Wrangler - lots of mod possibilities.

My future toad thoughts are leaning towards a F150 ecoboost titanium, or equivalent.

My thoughts,
Brian

BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2015, 05:16 PM   #30

Gotta read the manual!

Never mind... I found it. Page 235.

Curt

Old 08-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtster View Post
So I recently purchased a 2014 CRV based on the 2014 Motorhome magazine "dinghy towing guide" and it talks about the procedure for towing the 14 model four down. The Honda manual is not so encouraging, however. Where is the towing procedure written?

Thanks,
Curt
Made a quick download of the manual and it is on page 235. "Towing your Vehicle"
TST 507 w/ 10 Sensors
greystroke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 08:12 PM   #32

Newmar Owners Club
CRV was too small for us. Just our opinion. We owned a 2013 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2Dr. Traded it in. Couldn't really fit four comfortably and the ride was pretty harsh for us. (We previously owned a Cherokee, Grand Cherokee (they road well but mileage was just so so) and another earlier Wrangler that was also pretty rough. We thought the 2013 would ride better but it was still too much.) Currently tow a used 2011 GMC Terrain and feel we have finally found the best all around toad for our needs. Comfortable. Enough power. Easy to hook up. Overcame having to pull one fuse by installing a fuse shut-off switch. Have not had any issues draining the battery. Do not use a toad battery charging cable. Understand that the Chevy Equinox is similar in terms of comfort, power and ability to tow.
However, despite what we or others like be sure to get whatever seems to fit your needs best and makes you happy. Safe travels.
Old 09-13-2015, 08:30 PM   #33

We currently pull our 2011 Honda CR-V, with automatic transmission, on a Demco dolly. Thinking about pulling four-wheels down.

Will this model work? Any recommendations on a website where I can read about the modifications/equipment it will need?
Old 09-13-2015, 08:53 PM   #34

We tow our 2011 CRV 4 wheel drive 4 wheels down. Look at your manuall, think info there. Just your normal tow things. We are auto also
Old 09-13-2015, 08:59 PM   #35

Solo Rvers Club
iRV2 No Limits Club
Yep, with the CR-V they were all towable four down up to the 2015 model when they went to the CV trans.
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 06:43 AM   #36

Thanks, guys! I found my manual online and it gave me some instructions.

Tags
toad