Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #1

I did a search and whenever anyone asks a question, the replies are usually call Remco. What I am not seeing is anyone who had any actual experiences with Remco and their pumps.
So can anyone relate any experiences. Like how many miles, how was the install and ease of use.

Thanks
RV 4 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2006, 07:16 PM   #2

I did a search and whenever anyone asks a question, the replies are usually call Remco. What I am not seeing is anyone who had any actual experiences with Remco and their pumps.
So can anyone relate any experiences. Like how many miles, how was the install and ease of use.

Thanks
Old 11-18-2006, 03:57 PM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Mike,
I installed a used unit 2+ years & over 10,000 miles ago. The 2 things that were the hardest to do was find a place for the pump (I put it in the left front fender, enclosed) & drilling the transmision pan. It works real well despite Remco telling me that the new pump (Shurflo) supplied by the previous owner could cause problems because of a new design. The only problem I've incurred was a loose wire from the MH to the toad & I fixed it while getting ready to leave for home. If you have room under the hood the install would be quite simple, except for dropping & drilling the Transmission pan. Whatever vehicle you are putting it in, you will need to find out from Remco which model you'll need.
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:08 PM   #4

Appalachian Campers
We have 5 years and 50,000 miles on ours. No Problems at all.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2006, 04:39 PM   #5
Community Moderator

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
RV 4 2;

We have pulled 2 Buicks (87 & 01) behind 4 different mohos. We also have towed about 65,000 miles. We are still using the same pump. Never had a problem.

Don
Don & Bev Morgan Weyauwega WI, 05 Itasca Horizon 40KD, 400 HP Cummins, Adopted by a great couple, Toad 07 Saturn Vue AWD, Air Force One, TST 510 TPMS, Mayor of Weyauwega 2007 - 2013, Waupaca Co Board Supervisor 2010 - 2014
Petro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2006, 12:52 PM   #6

Thank you all for the information. I really appreciate it.
Since it seems that our only choice for a toad will be an automatic (health issues) and more than likely one that will not be on a safe to tow 4 down list, this is looking like my only option. I am not going to tow a dolly. The Wife is liking the Toyota Matrix automatic right now.
Luckily, Remco had applicable pumps for some of the matrix models.
Next is the tow bar... There is sure a lot to investigate when looking into towing a toad.
Thanks again.
Old 11-21-2006, 03:19 PM   #7

Appalachian Campers
Mike, you can't beat Blue Ox for ease and convience. and the people are great too.

Tow 2001 PT Cruiser
Colette and Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 05:35 AM   #8

I now tow a Jeep but I have a lub pump in storage that I used on a couple of vehicles and never had any problems with the unit. Liked it better than using a tow dolly before the lub pump.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:11 PM   #9

I'm using one on an '06 Escalade. Only have towed it for 1600 miles so far, but no issues.