Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Closed Thread
Old 06-15-2016, 04:56 PM   #57

Originally Posted by Mike and Cha View Post
You're right it is a pretty simple question, and I don't think people are trying to be nasty, just maybe frustrated that you challenge each bit of advice they give you. The bottom line is what you tow with has nothing to do with the law. Even though your tow vehicle is way more than capable to tow a vehicle, whether or not you need a braking system on your Toad is based on the weight of your Toad, and not the fact that you have a MH with the extra weight capacity and power. The weight requirements vary from state to state so the best advice would be to have a braking system for your Toad. That way you will be legal no matter where you go and in the unfortunate event that you get in an accident, you will not be held criminally or civilly responsible for violating that states laws. Just because you have seen others do it without a braking system does not mean it's the right thing to do.
can you quote where I did that please..?what I wanted to know was if you have the gvw to cover , can you tow the jeep.. off the street people I've asked in person... straight answer was pretty much the same..most all said you won't know it's back there... in the beginning of the thread I post that I wanted to tow without brakes and that I had two trailers that I could haul with.. that was all up by post 6,... then here comes the neg. nellies to bash...

the truth is , Yes you can,.. but not many states allow it and in cal it has to be under 1500 pounds..no one in person has ever said I needed brakes to be within the law...but I did see where some here use them..most are over weight...I've been RV'n for over 46 yrs and tow just about every thing, and owned over 50 different rigs...

like I said I thought the brake were a choice not a law...

my opinion we have too many laws..

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #58
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
It's time to move on. This topic has been discussed and now we're beginning to discuss each other and our Community Rules don't allow this.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread