Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #1

Wireless tow lights

Does anyone use wireless tow lights? If so are they any good and what kind and where to buy Thanks Ken
kejy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-27-2014, 09:12 AM   #2

Yep. I have a Towmate TM2M.

TowMate.com - World's only full functioning wireless tail light system

Love it. Works great. I can get about 8 hours out of a charge. Most of the time I run the power cord out the back window of my Commander and leave it plugged in while going down the road if I'm going to be on the road for a long period.
2006 Jeep Commander
topdownman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 06:48 PM   #3

x2 on the towmate I use them on all my tow trucks.
rbpower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 07:03 PM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
I posted the same thread a few weeks ago, as I was considering the 22" towmate myself. It's on EBay for $190 with the battery charger delivered to your door. Thinking I had already spent a considerable sum on a new tow bar and base plate, I decided to buy a bulb and socket kit to save money. Well by the time I bought the kit, an umbilical cord, a hole saw blade and assorted electrical connectors, it would have been cheaper and less time to go wireless. In my thread I found they work great and are plenty bright enough... So my advise is go for it!
StevieG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 10:56 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I know the thread is a month old, but there are other alternatives.

Tractor Supply has the Blazer LED Wireless Magnetic Towing Light Kit for $150. I have it and use it exclusively on our toad. Very pleased.
AggieDad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lights