Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.

Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #1

Thought some of you who tow toads might be interested in seeing this "wireless tow light" set up. I've had it for over a year now and have traveled more than 5,000 miles with it. It is so easy to use. Just set the light bar on top of or the back of a car (magnetic) and turn the switch on and go. The sending unit is a little 2inch square box that plugs into your 5 prong plug in the rear of the MH. That's it.
It charges by plugging into your cig. lighter. Last about 17 Hours on a charge. It has been through rain, sleet and snow. Maybe not for everyone but it has worked very well for us. Bought it from a company called Tow Mate. $295.00 for sender and light bar. I hope these photos show up as I am still learning how to post photos.

Well I see after posting this the photo's still don't work so maybe a moderator can help me post them. Thanks

( Moved to MH-Towing Issues and Toads for more exposure)

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-04-2007, 05:07 PM   #2

Thought some of you who tow toads might be interested in seeing this "wireless tow light" set up. I've had it for over a year now and have traveled more than 5,000 miles with it. It is so easy to use. Just set the light bar on top of or the back of a car (magnetic) and turn the switch on and go. The sending unit is a little 2inch square box that plugs into your 5 prong plug in the rear of the MH. That's it.
It charges by plugging into your cig. lighter. Last about 17 Hours on a charge. It has been through rain, sleet and snow. Maybe not for everyone but it has worked very well for us. Bought it from a company called Tow Mate. $295.00 for sender and light bar. I hope these photos show up as I am still learning how to post photos.

Well I see after posting this the photo's still don't work so maybe a moderator can help me post them. Thanks

( Moved to MH-Towing Issues and Toads for more exposure)

Old 08-04-2007, 05:45 PM   #3
Community Administrator

Newmar Owners Club
Retired Fire Service RVer's
Spartan Chassis
When posting a picture, first click on the thumb nail picture to enlarge it in the center of the page.

Copy the URL from the enlarged picture, not the thumb nail, and paste the URL in the Image URL box.

Route 66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #4

Now I've got it Dirk. That would make sense....something I lack at times.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:52 AM   #5

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
At the Tow Mate website the suction cup version is $270 and the magnet mount version is $355, so they are spendy little beasts.

Good idea though, because they can be moved easily and there is no need to worry about towing and toad vehicle interaction.
alvinc is offline   Reply With Quote