Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-01-2014, 09:43 PM   #15

Been towing an 08 edge since new. I use a Brake Buddy and magnetic tow lights I mount on the roof at the back on the metal strip adjacent to the glass moon roof. I run the cable to the front, under the hood, and to the coach. They plug into coach harness.

Never needed a charge line. Battery is always up. For lack of a better way of explaining it, there are two accessory key positions. The one just before start activates all systems. There is a good battery draw at that position. But if you turn the key back towards the off position (with the tranny in neutral) one more position, it kills everything. Little to no parasitic draw down on battery.

Don't know if that is the same on newer Edge's. But has been bullet proof for me. Oh, and it has not registered any of the 20k+ miles I have towed her (on the odometer).

HoboBob

Sent from my iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-02-2014, 02:01 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by YC1 View Post
Have not looked.
Just finished wiring my Edge today. Highly recommend the wiring harness from etrailer.com. Very easy to install. Only issue is if you have the upgraded Sony sound system. The sub woofer gets in the way of running the wires to the right tail light. Can't go up from the bottom as the instructions say, had to cut the wires and fish them down from the top and reconnect the wires Other than that, it's a piece of cake.
F117plt is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ford, towing, wiring