Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Old 07-12-2015, 09:05 AM   #1
Wiring of Invisibrake with Mopar Harness

I'm a new member and could really use some help/advice in installing Invisibrake system. I have a 2007 Hurricane 34b and 2015 Jeep Wrangler Sahara. So for I've installed the invisibrake controller and run everything, including wires to front of vehicle and now ready to connect the four wire harness. I've also run the cool tech tow harness, but after reading more about this vs mopar tow harness, I'm thinking of removing the cool tech and installing the mopar to ensure I don't have any warranty issues, but interested in hearing from anyone who has use both the invisibrake and cool tech in a jeep wrangler.

Here are my questions:
1) The invisibrake manual gives very strong warnings about making the connection to the tow harness "upstream" of the wiring diodes to avoid damage. I've never worked with diodes before and don't understand what/how to make this connection. What are the diodes and how/where do I install these? Do I need to splice the invisibrake wiring into the mopar or cool tech wiring harness? Advice on making this connection/splice with diodes would greatly appreciated.

2) Has anyone installed the invisibrake system with the cool tech harness in a newer model jeep wrangler? If so, how did you do it, where did you make the connections, did you use diodes and have you experienced any issues?

What is most confusing/concerning with the Cool Tech (and why I'm thinking of installing the mopar harness) is the wiring seems to be backwards. Cool tech wiring states Yellow = Right turn/stop, Green = Left turn/stop, Brown = Ground, and Red = taillights, while the Invisibrake wiring is Yellow = Left turn/stop, Green = Right turn/stop, White = Ground, and Brown = taillights, which seems to be the more standard color wiring scheme.

Would greatly appreciate any and all advice/recommendations/details. Heading out on a trip in 5 days and trying to get her done!

two2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #2
Fleetwood Owners Club
The CoolTech harness is not the same as the factory MOPAR Harness. The CoolTech harness has no diodes or relays, nothing keeps it from feeding back electrically through the Jeeps computer. The Factory MOPAR harness has relays that disconnects the Jeep's electrical system and isolates it to prevent electrical feedback while towing. Folks use the CoolTech harness with and without issue, and I would disconnect the battery if I were to use that harness. Diodes are usually installed at the taillights to keep the coach electrical from feeding back through the Jeeps electrical system.
2007 Fleetwood Excursion 40E
2007 Chev Classic CC LB D/A - Toad
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited - Backup Toad
UsualSuspect is offline   Reply With Quote

brake, wiring