Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Toads and Motorhome Related Towing
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-15-2015, 11:15 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Yet another problem with my 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Yesterday went to Lowes real fast tripfor something and was driving out of the parking lot when all of a sudden all the dash lights went out & the car died. It restarted but then the check engine light was on.

Went to Advanced auto and the read the codes, the last 2 were U1411, a quick search showed that it as "Implausible Fuel Volume Signal "

More searching also brought up the ignition issue, where someone would inadvertently hit the key with their knee or had have keys dangling. I am fairly short and I don't think my knee hit the key.

Has anyone dealt with this and if so what is the fix. Help would be appreciated.
jacwjames is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-15-2015, 11:27 AM   #2

No answers, but my 2007 GC has quit on me several times; but no CEL. My guess is that the car just figured out how bad the fuel mileage is....(mine is 14-16 mpg around town). Let us know what you find out.
cruzbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:44 AM   #3

I gave up on all Jeep products after owning three in our family...it seemed that weekly trips to the dealership's service department were the norm.
I started reading Consumers Report and discovered that the Jeep products were problem plagued. I discovered that Toyota products were listed as "best buys" and very reliable.....then I switched to Toyota for all the family's vehicle needs.
My Toyota trucks ran trouble free for what seemed like forever.
My wife's Toyota Corolla is 10 years old and has never had any problem...she loves it and will continue to drive it forever...it only needs gas, oil changes every 5,000 miles and tires every 50,000 miles or so.
I now drive an FJ Cruiser with V6 4.0Ltr power that tows 5,000 Lbs without any effort...I often forget my 26ft travel trailer is even there! This big 4X4 SUV is now 8 years old and still rides like new. It gets 21 MPG when not towing and that becomes about 12 MPG when towing my 26ft Travel Trailer. I would never even consider any Jeep product!
Use Consumer Reports Buying Guide for Auto and truck purchases and eliminate the aggravation of repeated break downs.

Happy Camping!
Boomster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 11:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomster View Post
I gave up on all Jeep products after owning three in our family...it seemed that weekly trips to the dealership's service department were the norm.
I started reading Consumers Report and discovered that the Jeep products were problem plagued. I discovered that Toyota products were listed as "best buys" and very reliable.....then I switched to Toyota for all the family's vehicle needs.
My Toyota trucks ran trouble free for what seemed like forever.
My wife's Toyota Corolla is 10 years old and has never had any problem...she loves it and will continue to drive it forever...it only needs gas, oil changes every 5,000 miles and tires every 50,000 miles or so.
I now drive an FJ Cruiser with V6 4.0Ltr power that tows 5,000 Lbs without any effort...I often forget my 26ft travel trailer is even there! This big 4X4 SUV is now 8 years old and still rides like new. It gets 21 MPG when not towing and that becomes about 12 MPG when towing my 26ft Travel Trailer. I would never even consider any Jeep product!
Use Consumer Reports Buying Guide for Auto and truck purchases and eliminate the aggravation of repeated break downs.

Happy Camping!
X2.
mbridinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 12:17 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I did notice that the fuel mileage MPG showing on the display was very low ~7-9 mpg, which it usually runs ~13-14 in the city.

Unfortunately I bought this jeep to tow and cannot at this point trading.

Toyota does not make a vehicle that can be towed 4 down, I know Honda has some.
Old 06-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #6

Country Coach Owners Club
My 2007 Grand Cherokee is on the dealer waiting list for the ignition switch recall. The errant lights/stall/check engine light seem to sometimes point back to the ignition switch malfunction. Not just the published "hit the keys with the knee" scenario.

Here is a link to what i found. I would suggest checking with a dealer for recall on your VIN, then force the issue for replacement.

Hope this helps,
Brian
Towr: 2007 Country Coach Allure 470 - 37 Sunset Bay Cummins 400 ISL, Coach #31563
Toad: 2016 F150 King Ranch - 3.5L EcoBoost 4x4 Supercrew (curb weight 4,775 lbs)
Toad: SOLD 2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee (yes, it has a Hemi) (curb weight 4,720 lbs)
BrianGlenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 07:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
I am on the list of the recall for the ignition but last I checked it is still pending a plausible fix.