Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2013, 02:29 PM   #15

I went to the local hardware store and found a patch product that is UV resistant and will not get hard and leak again. The hole I had was where the TV antenna control came into the unit. I fixed it my self 2 years ago and I'm still dry.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 PM   #16

I'm hoping to get this stuff on maybe next week--we've been getting rain every day with lightning and I sure don't want to be up on a big metal box in a lightning storm. I'm gonna have to get up there and wash the thing first-hoping I can find a nice young man to get up there - I really shouldn't be doing this kind of stuff but no volunteers...

Old 08-23-2013, 10:35 AM   #17

Wish you all the best.
Monty
Old 08-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #18

I'll get it done one way or another. Might just take me longer than normal.
Old 08-31-2013, 11:28 AM   #19

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
How goes the project ? If I was near by I would lend you some manpower but mine is still far from travel ready.
74 Shasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 09:38 AM   #20

Had to put project on hold due to illness in the family. Have to go take care of some related business at the VA in Tampa so am taking the Midas. Have a young man there who has volunteered to apply the sealer as well as complete the remaining cabover repairs including the Kilz primer and paint. After that any further work which involves purchases is going to have to wait until more money can be rounded up.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:51 AM   #21

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
I hope all goes well with the illness in the family. And believe me I know the fund situation , I was off the project for a week or so due to lack of materials. Looks like I'm a go again on mine for a little while, however I haven't seen my carpenter for a while now so we shall see if I learned enough watching how he worked.
Old 09-05-2013, 09:30 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by 74 Shasta View Post
I hope all goes well with the illness in the family. And believe me I know the fund situation , I was off the project for a week or so due to lack of materials. Looks like I'm a go again on mine for a little while, however I haven't seen my carpenter for a while now so we shall see if I learned enough watching how he worked.
Well, the brake issue was the tip of the iceberg
-spent 8 hours stranded by The side of Hwy 50 with a flat and no jack or spare...my spare arrives but on wrong rim...friend limps the dualie minus one to first tire place about 25m away to tend that...get parts for brakes discover idiot who converted the thing from 16.5 to 16" tires pulled some lovely crap with the lug nuts...additionally discovered a rear end leak and its lucky that didn't burn up as it was almost bone dry...I have no money left now, not even to pay my electric, storage and phone bills...the time to get the seller on the FL lemon law is expired...he lied about SO many things...I will just suck it up and make it work but
Old 09-08-2013, 03:46 PM   #23

Update- still stranded in Tampa FL looking for 3 used lt truck 215/85/60 tires... Brakes are done and I know the rv at least will not catch fire at 15 ... Have spent several dry camping days now abs its not bad--kinda getting used to it. Wish I had a water hose, water filter and the sewer hose connector though and the house battery. That would really be dandy.
Old 09-08-2013, 03:59 PM   #24

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Well I do hope your luck starts to get better. At least you are stranded in Fl and not somewhere where it is colder. You can use a car battery as a house battery just won't have as much lasting power right now I have a used battery from a relatives car in mine. There are much better options for house batteries but you use what you have in low budget projects. The tire size you listed shouldn't be too hard to come up with .
Good luck and keep us updated!
Old 09-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #25

So much for the brake repairs--went to the VA hospital to see my disabled hubby and they went COMPLETELY out. I am proud to say I hit nothing and ended up dry camping in the valet lot for 3 days-VA Police kept good watch over me and the vehicle. Some problems already eliminated from list-mechanic will check further tomorrow. Bear in mind I had no power no house battery no water...and no towing .... Won't make THAT mistake ever again...
Old 10-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #26

Vintage RV Owners Club
Nor'easters Club
Haven't heard from you for a while now . How did everything go ? And how is the Hubby ?
Old 10-12-2013, 05:09 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldHippie53 View Post
Well, the brake issue was the tip of the iceberg
...the time to get the seller on the FL lemon law is expired...he lied about SO many things...I will just suck it up and make it work but
They do lie. We were sold a 1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C and weren't told the truth about anything. Everything out of the sellers mouth was a lie. I couldn't start to list the problems.... Never believe a word the seller says.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:50 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by RanCarr View Post
They do lie. We were sold a 1993 Ford Dutchman Class-C and weren't told the truth about anything. Everything out of the sellers mouth was a lie. I couldn't start to list the problems.... Never believe a word the seller says.
LOL! I understand this. We bought our first RV, a 1991 Lazy Daze and it turns out to be in great condition, but I didn't ask a single question because I figured it would only be 50/50 anyway.

You just gotta trust your observation skills and get help when you can from someone who knows these things.

Best wishes to Hippy53!