Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-28-2015, 03:11 PM   #1
1985 Fleetwood Jamboree

i'm brand new to the rv world, bought one last week. trying to figure out the location of everything since the seller didn't have much.

where can I find the fuses?
do I need a 2nd battery?
I connected the power cord to a generator, a/c comes on and a few lights inside the rv but turns off in 5 mins, not sure why that is, any advise?
how do I get the fridge, thermostat, and everything else to work? when I plugged the rv plug in, they did not come on, the a/c and a few lights did come on for a moment then again, turned off.

what's the proper term for the water? clean/ grey/ and sewer?
not sure which line it for clean water, which is for emptying grey water, and how to empty the sewer water?

chronix719 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 07:00 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
You should have two battery systems that are separated from each other. the Chassis battery should be under the hood and starts the engine and powers turn signals, dash heat, wipers, driving lights, etc. The House battery is somewhere else and powers everything in the living quarters of the RV.

Important to note that the House battery powers the refrigerator to switch between LP gas or 120 v when connected to shore power or generator. The thermostat is 12 v and controls the furnace which is LP gas and 12 v fan, and the thermostat also controls the roof air conditioner when connected to shore power or generator. The water heater is also 12 v controlled with LP gas burner.

On the dashboard there might be a 'Boost' switch that when held down will connect both battery systems together to aid in starting, sort of 'jumper cables' but you don't have to go under the hood or connect to another vehicle.

You should have 3 tanks, a fresh water tank, a gray water tank, and a black water tank. The gray water is from sinks and shower, the black water is from the toilet and may also have the bathroom sink connected to add more water to dumping the black tank. You typically dump black tank first then use the gray water to flush out the drain hose (called the 'Stinky Slinky')

Your fresh water hook up may vary, but typically you'll have a hose connection that you can use to connect to a hose bib and use the city water to pressurize your water system so you don't need to use the water pump. You might have a second opening on the outside of the RV that allows filling of the water tank or perhaps just a valve that switches between 'City' and 'Fill' If you have a single connection for both functions, be sure not to try to pressurize the RV water system through the water tank. The pressure can expand the tank until it causes structural damage or bursts.

Here's a link to a '85 Jamboree owner's manual, it says it's for a '85 Class C, but it has some illustrations that show a Class A. http://fleetwoodrv.com/partsandservi...5_JAMBOREE.pdf

I found it at:
Fleetwood RV Parts and Service

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 10:31 AM   #3
Ford Super Duty Owner
I have a 1989 Fleetwood Tioga so not sure if there is much difference. You should have 2 batteries under the hood. One is the starting battery and other is you house battery. In my unit, the fresh water tank is under one of the dinette seats and the hot water tank is under the other one. The water pump is under the same seat with the hot water tank. The generator will run as long as you have at least 1/4 tank of gas, less then that and the generator will not run. On my unit, the plug you hook up the power to must be plugged into the outlet inside the storage space for the generator to run anything inside, or plug into shore power either with an extension cord or at the campground power pole. My sewer hose is stored under the unit near where the drain is, if you look at the connection you will see 2 lines and 2 valves that you open to drain your tanks, the smaller valve is your grey water tank and the larger is your black water tank. If you are trying out the frig you should have a switch inside above the frig that says gas or electric. Mine works better on propane because I think my electric element is burned out. Not sure how much I can say, if you have any specific questions feel free to ask here.
Rick and Mimi
1989 Class C Fleetwood Tioga, 26 ft on an E350 Frame
Toad: 2000 Dodge Dakota 4x4.
RBeau1954 is offline   Reply With Quote