Hello everybody, just joined as I have recently purchased a 1987 Fleetwood Jamboree.
During initial inspection she looked really clean, but now that I've had it a bit she definitely has her issues.
While the RV place I purchased it from was honest that there was some water damage (which I did see), they did a less than stellar job repairing the leaks (still leaks) and basically just put lipstick on a pig and tried to hide the cosmetic damage while leaving the cancer which caused the damage in the first place. More than a bit disappointing to say the least.
On top of that, during the 400 mi drive home from picking it up, the smog pump decided to seize, snapping the belt, which they proceeded to take out all the rest of the belts leaving me stranded 30 miles from home
(SO glad it got most of the way there.)
That being said - the motorhome is mine, the exterior is clean, and I dig the retro look of this thing so my wife and I are tearing into it to get it up to snuff.
Getting up on the roof revealed that the RV place appears to have just smeared some kind of sealer over bubbling luan and steel (to the point where there is a HUGE bubble in the roof) We've decided to replace the roof to the best of our abilities.
We've torn out the "repairs" that the RV place did on the interior (basically new headliner over old moldy crap) - removed the moldy crap to reveal wood that is separating into layers and SOAKED.
I'm thinking the whole roof is coming off, but that was when I thought the roof was just wood with some kind of rubber layer on top. I'm away on business at the moment, and my wife continued working (from the inside) to find out it actually has a steel roof.
Looking for insight as to how to get the steel roof up in order to replace what is underneath.
I fabricate, weld, etc. so this stuff doesn't worry me too much, just want some good information/references on order of operations to make this thing right.