Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 09-01-2008, 08:32 AM   #1
Hello all,

We are seriously looking at picking up a 1998 Miini Winni with the 7.4L GMC. Does anyone here own one? Are there any known problems? Any knowledge regarding towing or fuel mileage would also be much appreciated.

High_Side is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-26-2008, 05:55 PM   #2
Monaco Owners Club
Bruce, I had a 1999 Minnie Winnie and was very pleased with it. Mine, however, was on the Ford chassis. I had no issues with anything in or outside the coach. One of the things I had to do was replace all the sway bar bushings. They were shot after 8 years. It made the rig drive much better after putting on the new ones. The drive was never bad, but just better afterward the replacement. I did them myself for less than $75.

Smyrna GA
Darryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 11:08 PM   #3
Community Moderator

Country Coach Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Gulf Streamers Club
Bruce, welcome to iRV2.com. We are glad to have you join us here. Have you owned any other RVs before? I am sure you will find a lot of good info here and make lots of friends at the same time. Good luck and keep us posted.
I am putting in a short cut to our New Members Check-In forum. This will allow others to welcome you and give your question more exposure.
Mike, RVIA & RVSA Certified Master RV Technician
Amy, Dr. Assistant - Roxie & Mei Ling, four legs each
2000 Gulf Stream Scenic Cruiser 450 hp & 1330# torque
06 Saturn Vue, 06 Chevy Z71 4x4 & 2014 Corvette Z51 M7
RV Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Welcome to iRV2! I hope you will check back in and let us know if you got the Mini-Winnie.

*MonacoMama with the 2 Pins & SacsTC Nearby*
*2007 Monaco Diplomat 40' SFT<>2006 Chevy VortecMax Toad<>2006 Buick Lucerne Leading the Way*
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 05:22 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Vintage RV Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Oklahoma Boomers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
We had a 99 31' Minnie Winnie DL on the Ford chassis and loved it. You need to check the tag posted in the coach as to what your GVWR and GCWR in limited.

Weight the coach loaded for a trip and then you can can see what you have left for towing or hauling. It all depends onhow heavy you load the chassis.

Glad you found our site.

Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|Full-Time! - 2012 6.7L Ford Crew Cab Dually -2013 HitchHiker Champagne 38RLRSB - Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 05:23 AM   #6
No idea on the Winnie. But the Vortec 7.4 is a good engine. I had one in 97 Pace Arrow class A.
Never gave me any trouble.

Tom & Bonnie
2008 Winnebago Aspect 29H
A Class C Not a B+
2010 Ford Flex
rvten is offline   Reply With Quote