Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-16-2017, 02:51 PM   #1

2005 Phoenix diesel

We are looking at a 2005 Phoenix diesel with 51k miles on it. Anyone have experience with one of these. Thanks for any info.
Noahsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-16-2017, 03:10 PM   #2

Foretravel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahsmom View Post
We are looking at a 2005 Phoenix diesel with 51k miles on it. Anyone have experience with one of these. Thanks for any info.
Phoenix?...made by which manufacturer?
1st year for the Foretravel Phenix was 2006 I believe..
SKP's of Box Elder, South Dakota
saddlesore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 03:41 PM   #3

Phoenix is the mfg, ford badge on the grill, just wondering about their diesel engines
Old 11-16-2017, 03:45 PM   #4

Googled the company and I see they consider themselves B+ mfgs. Though it is 29 ft. So maybe I am in the wrong forum.
Old 11-16-2017, 04:50 PM   #5

Phoenix coach quality is very good, the big question is the Ford diesel engine of that era. After Ford quit building the old very reliable 7.3 engine they had problems with the engines that came after that in the early 2000's. Find out what engine is in the rv and do a google search on that engine regarding problems, also inquire on the Ford forums.
Dynadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:08 AM   #6

Yes, the coach in question would have the 6.0L Powerstroke diesel that was introduced in 2003 (and built by Navistar/International). It has a checkered past, but most diesel experts/shops will usually explain that it is a good engine if its been cared for properly and the owner is prepared to deal with a few potential trouble spots. Key thing would be to find out its history and actually view maintenance records. The Powerstroke section on this site is fairly quiet, but I would recommend the Ford-trucks forum, 6.0 engine section for a wealth of information, and I believe the tech folder has a 'sticky' on what to consider when buying a used unit.
To date, I've really enjoyed my own 6.0 powered C Class which has been trouble-free..
Siesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2017, 08:40 PM   #7

Thank you all for your help.

Tags
diesel