Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2012, 07:01 AM   #1

2008 Itasca Navion

Please forgive my lack of knowledge. This is a picture of the buttons in the rv. why is there 3 buttons for the water heater? what does each button do? thanks for any help on this. can't find anything in the operator manual.

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:58 PM   #2
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
Welcome to the forums and irv2 dianebernie.
We need to know what water heater you are talking about its either a Atwood or Suburban.
The switch's would be for LP gas operation and for electric element operation.
DO NOT OPERATE the electric switch unless you have water in the hot water tank or you will burn out the element.
In this link you will see manuals for two water heaters mentioned, if you look at diagrams you will see the switch's and pictures of them in text plus you may have switch's that do same function in bath or kitchen areas.

RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:34 PM   #3

Swivel Seat Adaptors for Sprinter

If you go to <title>Swivelsrus.com | auto accessories | swivel seat adaptors | swivelsrus.com </title> you will see the seat adaptor you are looking for.
Old 09-29-2012, 06:49 PM   #4

The manual on the link is the same as I have and it doesn't answer my question. I was hoping that someone who owns a Itasca Navion 24J would be able to answer me. Thanks for your answer 007. I have a Atwood heater. I'm assuming that one is for the gas and one is for the electricity but why the third? also is it on when it the red light is on or off? I appreciate any help.

Diane & Bernie
Old 09-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #5

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Hi Diane;
I can't see the photo from your original post. Try to upload it again. We had a 24J but I don't remember the button configuration. If I see the photo it may jog my memory.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:28 PM   #6

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
I just looked up the 2008 Navion Owners Manual. It is here if you need it.
http://www.winnebagoind.com/resource...8/08Navion.pdf

There is a propane water heater switch on the panel with the level test button and the water pump button. I don't recall if this switch lights up but it does have a little round warning light if the pilot light does not light.

There is an independent switch that says Water Heater 100 volt. This switch should light when turned on. Make sure there is water in the Hot Water tank before turning this on.

I am not sure of the third switch you mention but the Navions do have a switch at the control panel area that turns on the propane supply to the coach. You will not get any propane flowing if this switch is off. There is also a matching switch outside in the propane bay itself.

If the propane supply switch has been off a long time it will take a while to get propane to the appliances, water heater, fridge, generator. We usually turned on the propane supply then turned on one of the stove burners and kept trying to light it until it ignites. Once it ignites you can turn it off and try to light any of the other propane appliances and they should light more quickly.
Norm Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:28 PM   #7
Community Moderator

Nor'easters Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
iRV2 No Limits Club
I believe Norm has your answer, the gas switch will light and when the and if the igniter is successful the light will go off, if not light comes back on until it tries again.
As said if air in lines may take a few tries for pilot to light.
The elecrtic switch light will be lit when on electric switch is on.
Quick way to heat water up fast put both LP gas and electric on after water heated leave electric on and shut off gas to save it.
This looks like your third switch answer:
If the propane supply switch has been off a long time it will take a while to get propane to the appliances, water heater, fridge, generator. We usually turned on the propane supply then turned on one of the stove burners and kept trying to light it until it ignites. Once it ignites you can turn it off and try to light any of the other propane appliances and they should light more quickly.
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 09:28 AM   #8

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
When showering it is best to run both the gas and electric so you don't run out of hot water especially if there are a bunch of people taking a shower. Just don't forget to check the grey water level after several showers.
Old 09-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #9

Thank you everyone! You have answered by questions! What a great forum! Another question. Where do I get sheets for the over the cab bed and the pull out couch? Or do you just use sleeping bags. Thanks for your help!

Diane & Bernie and sometimes Angel
Old 10-01-2012, 05:30 AM   #10

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
What we did was to go to Wal-Mart and buy some king sized single top sheets. My wife then took measurements for them and made a bag for each portion. We slip them over and tuck it at the end and you have a cheap custom fitted sheet. Then we used a single king sheet for the top. We did the same for our bunks but they only took queen sized top sheets. Or you could go to an online site and order the same thing for at least ten times the price.
Old 10-01-2012, 02:35 PM   #11

thanks! I will do exactly that!

Tags
itasca