Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-24-2017, 07:02 AM   #1

2011 four winds Majestic 28a class C just purchased

any advice on this model
Majestic 31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-24-2017, 09:32 AM   #2
Director of Partnerships

Official iRV2 Sponsor

Go online and hunt down the owners manuals for every component, unless you were lucky enough to get the originals. Learn about every component and dig into this forum. Every time you have a question or a thought about a function or feature, note it and research it. Enjoy it, you'll be a pro in no time. Check your tires now, though...they are probably of age to be replaced. Google tire date codes and check yours.
Old 11-25-2017, 11:33 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Have the same model

You will find all of the components model number in back of door of cabinet above the sink
sergio2018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 03:37 PM   #4
NRR

Solo Rvers Club
Wish I had your kitchen layout if it is like a picture I saw here.

I will pass this on to you because I have the same age unit. Have all the edges where the roof material interacts with the body inspected. I mean the enter perimeter. This spring mine showed not happy interactions from the roof material meeting the gutter area. Lots of that seal had to be redone this year. Also have the cab over looked at every three years.

One last thing, I highly recommend the”5 Star Tune”. It is $500 plus I think. But worth every penny while driving in tow/haul.
NRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 05:16 PM   #5

Congratulations! Safe travels.
Old 12-10-2017, 02:33 PM   #6

I've owned a Majestic 28A for almost 3 years now.
Ours is a 2009, but they're basically identical.

Given the model and that you bought it used, I'm assuming yours is a former Cruise America (or Cruise Canada) unit. Ours was Cruise Canada.

The first thing to attack is plumbing. The faucets they provide are garbage, and there are no shut off valves. Get yourself some PEX tools, plumb I'm some 1/4 turn shut-off valves, and install some Moen or American Standard faucets.

The shower head they provide isn't great. Get an Oxygenics head.

Check to make sure your toilet doesn't run indefinitely. If you want to be safe, order a toilet valve now and replace it pre-emptively.

On mine, they used white plastic shut off valves near the water heater. They're made by a company called Sea Tech and they are complete garbage. Get some good 1/4 turn shut offs from the hardware store and plumb in new ones everywhere you see that Sea Tech junk.

You probably need an alignment. Take the RV to an alignment shop to get this professionally done. Also, look at your RV from the front and see if it's sitting level. Mine was slanted to one side. The same shop that did my alignment did some suspension work to fix this.

Check under your couch cushions. On ours, the metal frame pieces of the couch were bent. I still need to fix them, so our couch has squishy spots.

If your generator starts having intermittent starting issues, it's probably the control board. Replace with an aftermarket board.

Have your brake fluid flushed. Cruise America/Canada doesn't do this and it will be a big improvement to your braking.

If you live somewhere where rust is an issue, get an oil spray done.

Your low point drain valve is probably junky plastic. I added a brass valve on my supply side and made a new low point drain entirely. If your plastic low point drain gets stuck and you really need it open, heat it with a heat gun or hair dryer and pray the handle doesn't break off.

Watch for cheap Chinese tires. Cruise Canada put a garbage China bomb tire on the inside rear of my RV and a brand name on the outside. The China bomb blew after a year.

Check your radiator for leaks. Mine had a slow leak near the lower rad hose. I replaced it before it could fail on me.

Cruise America/Canada usually doesn't replace spark plugs. Replace yours.

I'm sure there's more, but that's all that comes to mind off hand. Please feel free to message me if you have a specific question.
jamesc2919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 06:10 AM   #7

improvements

Since I bought this RV, Replaced ALL the tires, Wheel alignment, Back up camera,Vent covers,Bilstein HD shocks front and rear, Radiator overflow tank,
heavy duty SUMO SPRINGS bump stops front and rear made the ride 100%better no more steer corrections every few seconds,nor more swaying on corners no more rocking when trucks go by, TV bracket and new TV, Water filter system
Majestic 31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c, four winds, purchase