Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-13-2012, 06:49 PM   #1

2012 Jayco Melbourne 28F

As newby's we are considering the 2012 Jayco Melbourne 28F, any feed back?

Rick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-13-2012, 11:01 PM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Nice rig, I went with Fleetwood Jamboree 31m.

Old 05-14-2012, 07:14 AM   #3

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
I did a great deal of research before buying my coach. I have a Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Jayco gives a 2 year warranty where everyone else only offers one. I will admit that there were problems but that will happen with any coach you get. Jayco builds a quality coach and I chose them for a reason.
Old 05-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davinger View Post
I did a great deal of research before buying my coach. I have a Jayco Greyhawk 31FS. Jayco gives a 2 year warranty where everyone else only offers one. I will admit that there were problems but that will happen with any coach you get. Jayco builds a quality coach and I chose them for a reason.
thanks for thw reply, I hope the problems were all small in nature? we live quite a distance from the dealer.

Rick
Old 05-15-2012, 02:51 PM   #5

Thor Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Carolina Campers
We have a 2011 29D. We love the rig. Now have 11k miles with no issues with the E450 or the coach.
It did take us 4 months to get some warranty work done to make things right after delivery. Like you I am some distance from a certified dealer.
Strongly suggest that you do a good inspection on delivery. Check "all" the woodwork and have the dealer run all the systems connected to shore power and on-board battery power & generator.
Check out the av/tv systems.
Take the rv on an overnight trip after delivery and return to the dealer the next day with and issues discovered.
Couple of recommendations on options:
Don't need side cameras. Mirrows work great.
Need second coach battery added
Wish I had had leveling jacks added by factory (was not an option in 2011 but is for 2012).
Good luck!
tcopeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 09:08 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcopeland View Post
We have a 2011 29D. We love the rig. Now have 11k miles with no issues with the E450 or the coach.
It did take us 4 months to get some warranty work done to make things right after delivery. Like you I am some distance from a certified dealer.
Strongly suggest that you do a good inspection on delivery. Check "all" the woodwork and have the dealer run all the systems connected to shore power and on-board battery power & generator.
Check out the av/tv systems.
Take the rv on an overnight trip after delivery and return to the dealer the next day with and issues discovered.
Couple of recommendations on options:
Don't need side cameras. Mirrows work great.
Need second coach battery added
Wish I had had leveling jacks added by factory (was not an option in 2011 but is for 2012).
Good luck!
Thanks Tom, we'll be coming from Ontario Canada to pick up the RV so we will try an overnighter before heading home. Like the idea of the levelers but the option was around $3000. US.

Rick and Barb
Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 AM   #7

Ford Super Duty Owner
Send a message via Yahoo to Davinger
Quote:
Originally Posted by geman View Post
thanks for thw reply, I hope the problems were all small in nature? we live quite a distance from the dealer.

Rick
UM well they weren't and a round trip to my dealership took 20 gallons of fuel. BUT if every case was like mine Jayco wouldn't exist. You can see my I need advice post if you want to see what happened in my case. Also in the defense of Jayco they are no longer using Magnadyne Radios in their coaches.

If you have a long distance between you and the dealership I would recommend you go back look at your coach before they get it ready and make a list of all the defects you find. IE Rust on the back bumper, drawer not sliding just right and things like that. They will go over it with a fine tooth comb when they pick get it ready but nobody is perfect.

I would still get a Jayco Class C today.