Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-19-2014, 09:49 AM   #1

2014 Four Winds: Super C 35SK

Hello from Missouri. Happy to be a new member here on the iRV2 forum. We are not new to camping but we might be new to a 2014 Super C, Four Winds MH from Thor. I've been told that the 35SK is a very new model for 2014 and would like to know if anyone out there might be familiar with this MH and would share what you know about it. Any feedback, good or bad about the MH would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner

Your source was right...these Super C RV's from Thor are very new.
There are actually 3 floor plans - 35SW, 35SK, and 35SG...the G is for garage in the Outlaw branded toy hauler.

Then, the SW and SK are available under 2 model lines, Four Winds and Chateau
2014 Four Winds Super C Motorhomes by Thor Motor Coach
2014 Chateau Super C RV Floor Plans (Class C Diesel Motorhomes)

There are very little differences between these model lines other than paint and fabric choices...but it is noteworthy that Thor has ended the use of exterior decals. It will be painted or have the new HD Max styled gelcoat exterior!

I believe that Thor has started to move away from the E Series cab chassis based standard Class C because Ford will end the full sized van line starting at the fall of 2014 as they introduce America to the Sprinter like Transit van. But those vans are 10inches narrower, so that's a big difference in a Class C.

The F550 gives you a Diesel option w/6 speed transmission, and it can tow 10,000lb...even the Class A gas chassis from Ford doesn't offer any of that.

When I looked at this style, it was obviously better than a standard Class C...and is priced well. Might be perfect for many...only time will tell.

Best luck
Kim and Steve, Mustang LCDR (USCG Ret), Outlaw #1193
https://www.irv2.com/attachments/signaturepics/sigpic84535_7.gif
WE LOVE OUR OUTLAW RV
Scarab0088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 04:42 PM   #3

Thanks Scarab for your reply. We really like this MH and are considering buying one. I thought I might have a problem connecting with someone that not only own's one but anyone that is a friend of a friend that own's one. I think a sister model of the 35 SK is the 33 SW that's been around for a while. I would certainly like anyone's thoughts on it, both Ford's 6.7 engine and Four Wind's coach. Sure would appreciated it. Thanks
rskrbina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:24 PM   #4

I have a 6.7 diesel engine in my F-450. I have had no problems...yet. Only 12,500 miles. I have talked to about a dozen other owners and all of them really like this engine. The most was 60,000 trouble free miles.
tuffr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 06:54 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
Hello from Missouri. Happy to be a new member here on the iRV2 forum. We are not new to camping but we might be new to a 2014 Super C, Four Winds MH from Thor. I've been told that the 35SK is a very new model for 2014 and would like to know if anyone out there might be familiar with this MH and would share what you know about it. Any feedback, good or bad about the MH would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Welcome from a fellow Missourian.

We almost bought one a couple of weeks ago.

I'll say this up front, I have no doubts about the F-550 as a platform. I owned an F-350 for years and that truck was top notch.

So why didn't we buy it?

Three reasons: First, is that we didn't feel like we could take a step down from the quality of our Winnebago to the Four Winds. Let me expand upon that...

We have had a Winnebago Aspect for years and have been looking for something a little larger but with a good kitchen for several seasons now. We went and looked at a 35SK and while I really liked the floorplan of the 35SK very much, we just couldn't accept the quality difference between Four Winds and Winnebago. We ended up buying another Winnebago product, an Itasca Cambria 27K, which has a floor plan that is similar to the 35SK, without the F-550 diesel and the king bed.

The second is the generally bad impression I got about Thor from reading about other Thor owners on these forums, and a few others. This was the biggest reason for not purchasing the 35SK.

Third, no history. I couldn't find any comments about the Super C product line from others, save for two people.

Anyway, the unit was impressive and in a few years it will be interesting to see what the early adopters of this model line have to say. I hope it is good things, and I hope the general feeling about Thor quality control that I get from reading the threads on these forums is better.

Anyway, those are my two cents.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:08 AM   #6

I'm very interested to watch the movement towards the Super C concept. I like the modern design of the Euro van campers like the Sprinter, Fiat and likely the Transit, but I don't like the narrow chassis.

The 35SK looks interesting in pictures.

I just wish they would tone down the "swirls". Or at least offer one option without them.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:11 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Maybe Winnebago will develop a Class C on a Ford F-series diesel with the changes coming regarding the E-series chassis.

Hope it happens SOON .
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:54 PM   #8

Not recommended

Quote:
Originally Posted by rskrbina View Post
We traded a 2007 Winnebago 35' Adventurer for a 2014 Four Winds 33SW thinking we wanted to downsize. VERY BAD MISTAKE!!!!! First of all, we lost so much storage space it's unbelievable. The comfort in the 33SW is minimal at best and the long list of defects is unbelievable. On our very first trip, the front AC went out (I believe it never worked to start with), then in the middle of the night, the rear AC went out. The generator quit after one hour of use. The water heater was pouring out water. I could not put any fuel in the front tank as it would spit it out as quick no matter how slow I dispensed the fuel. It took over an hour to fill the rear tank. The TV antenna was locked in place and could NOT be retracted. The in cab radio would not receive signal due to the antenna being under the overhang. Plus many more smaller defects/malfunctions. Would I recommend this unit? Hell no! This is our second Thor product, the first was a 35' 2010 Damon Daybreak, and don't get me started on that one. In my opinion, the Winnebago is far more superior in craftsmanship and quality. We will be trading soon.
RetLaw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
four winds