Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-25-2016, 07:38 PM   #1

2015 27QP Minnie Winnie

We have been RVless for a number of years and have just recently retired. We have narrowed our search down to a 2015 27QP Minnie Winnie. I would love to hear any first hand experiences with this coach. It seems to have everything we want in options and we really like the floor plan. Two of us travel with our chocolate lab dog Thanks in advance for sharing any of your experiences.

Dave
Kelowna, BC

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-25-2016, 08:30 PM   #2
WDW

2015 27QP Minnie Winnie

I agree it's a very nice floor plan. We owned one but decided it was too small for our needs. Winnebago will pay for a front end alignment if you press the issue. Make your dealer do it and get a copy of the service report.

At the time, the finish was not very good. Hopefully W has improved.

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree

2016 Coachmen Mirada 35 BH. - our Trolley
2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude

Western New York

WDW is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2016, 07:46 AM   #3

Try for a 2017. (Winnebago switched to a more reliable slide mechanism.) Make sure you get the swivel seats. I like the MW's. Good kitchen area.
Old 08-29-2016, 08:38 AM   #4

Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6pack View Post
We have been RVless for a number of years and have just recently retired. We have narrowed our search down to a 2015 27QP Minnie Winnie. I would love to hear any first hand experiences with this coach. It seems to have everything we want in options and we really like the floor plan. Two of us travel with our chocolate lab dog Thanks in advance for sharing any of your experiences.

Dave
Kelowna, BC
We considered the 27 Minnie when we purchased our 25B. What we did not like was "no couch." of course there is more room than 25B but for us the layout made more sense. We are a couple traveling with 2 medium sized dogs. Spent 5 weeks in it last Dec/Jan. & did fine! Good luck. If you can find a 2016, go with it.....many little upgrades from 2015 to 2016. We have had both a 2015 and 16 25B. Overall, very satisfied with Winnebago!
Old 08-29-2016, 10:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
We could not do without the couch. Therefore we are at 31', there are times we just need seperation. But if you can do without go for it. The only thing we are short on is closet, when we are out for 3-4 months and need 4 season cloths. But make do with the under bed area.

LEN
Old 08-30-2016, 09:58 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylu View Post
We considered the 27 Minnie when we purchased our 25B. What we did not like was "no couch." of course there is more room than 25B but for us the layout made more sense. We are a couple traveling with 2 medium sized dogs. Spent 5 weeks in it last Dec/Jan. & did fine! Good luck. If you can find a 2016, go with it.....many little upgrades from 2015 to 2016. We have had both a 2015 and 16 25B. Overall, very satisfied with Winnebago!
We looked at the 26A / B, however we want a walk around bed and preferably an 80" queen bed. Although there is no sofa we have enjoyed the dinette slide in the past. Don't get me wrong the 26B is a great coach, just not the floor plan we are looking for
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2016, 01:03 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
That's the floor plan we were looking at. We noticed quite a difference in quality in the 2015 vs. 2014 model year. We were told Winnebago wanted to lower the price on their class c coaches so they bought a competitors coach, tore it apart and saw where they cut corners. The build quality took on a more budget friendly approach. If you can compare a 2014 or older 26P you'll see the difference. The dinette cushions aren't as plush, we could feel the plywood under the cushion, and we didn't like the leatherette. The sub-floor went from marine grade plywood in 2014 to osb in 2015. I could feel the floor flex when I walked through it and I'm an average build guy. Everything just felt cheaper to us. We went with a different floorplan in the older year to get the higher quality. I would've loved, loved, loved to get the 27Q layout but there were no 2014's left in our area, and the corner cutting bothered us in the 2015's.
Old 09-08-2016, 11:39 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by elucas78 View Post
That's the floor plan we were looking at. We noticed quite a difference in quality in the 2015 vs. 2014 model year. We were told Winnebago wanted to lower the price on their class c coaches so they bought a competitors coach, tore it apart and saw where they cut corners. The build quality took on a more budget friendly approach. If you can compare a 2014 or older 26P you'll see the difference. The dinette cushions aren't as plush, we could feel the plywood under the cushion, and we didn't like the leatherette. The sub-floor went from marine grade plywood in 2014 to osb in 2015. I could feel the floor flex when I walked through it and I'm an average build guy. Everything just felt cheaper to us. We went with a different floorplan in the older year to get the higher quality. I would've loved, loved, loved to get the 27Q layout but there were no 2014's left in our area, and the corner cutting bothered us in the 2015's.
Thanks for providing this info!
6pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 01:04 PM   #9

Ford Super Duty Owner
Have not seen a 26P.....which model are you referring to? There is a 26 Aspect , maybe a 26 Vista . Please clarify.
Old 09-08-2016, 07:13 PM   #10

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by daisylu View Post
Have not seen a 26P.....which model are you referring to? There is a 26 Aspect , maybe a 26 Vista . Please clarify.
Sorry, I got ahead of myself before posting. It is the Access and Chalet 26Q/26QP. Basically the exact same floor plan as the 27Q Minnie Minnie but in the 2009-2014 years