Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-24-2015, 02:57 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
RogerB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hot Springs Nat Prk AR
Posts: 4
2015 Coachmen Concord

We recently purchased a new 2015 Concord and seem to spend more time in the rv dealership repairing rain leaks then using the rv for what we bought it for. Dealer tells us that that have sold other Concords and not had them come back for rain leaks so we must be the lucky ones. Has anyone else had this problem with their Concord and if so what was the fix?
__________________

__________________
Roger & Sue
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze
USAF Ret.
RogerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-25-2015, 07:05 PM   #2
Member
 
Timberdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 74
I've had some leaks with my Prism but they were easy to fix. If it's under warranty the dealer should be able to fix if.
__________________

__________________
Timberdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 09:37 AM   #3
Junior Member
 
RogerB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hot Springs Nat Prk AR
Posts: 4
It is under warranty so we are hoping for the best. Thank you for your response.
__________________
Roger & Sue
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze
USAF Ret.
RogerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 05:24 AM   #4
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Sorry to hear about the leaks. The wife and I are going up to Alvarado,Tx next week, we were wanting a Leprechaun Bunkhouse model , but had seen a lot of posts on leaks in the cap above the cab on 2013-14 models. Had not seen any bad comments on the Concord, so we decided to look at the 300TS, or even a class A Georgetown 270S. now I have seen leak posts on at least one model of each type we are looking at. We have several trips already scheduled , not wanting to spend tons of time at a shop getting things fixed. As much as these things cost ,you would think the quality would be much better.
__________________
jnr0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 10:01 AM   #5
Junior Member
 
RogerB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hot Springs Nat Prk AR
Posts: 4
The 300TS is what we bought, if you need counter space look at the 300DS . The first leak was above the cab as you stated on the Leprechaun, the last leak was from the passenger side slide. Supposed to pick it up today and heading to Florida soon. I agree for the money you think the quality would be superb! We are more unhappy with the "oh well" attitude of our dealer, Alvarado is probably where we should have gone to purchase-Good Luck!
__________________
Roger & Sue
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze
USAF Ret.
RogerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 05:37 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Thanks for the info. Roger, hope your leaks are easily fixed.and you didn't get any of the electronics with the entertainment center wet.. Have not heard from any others of a couple of forums about having the problem with the Concord, and really haven't seen much on the Leps since 2014. Who knows maybe they are close to solving the problem in the newer models.
__________________
jnr0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 11:27 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 10
2015 Coachmen Concord

Thank you both so much for sharing your experiences. Good info. We will be picking up our 2015 Concord 300TS in a couple of weeks in Alvarado. Let's keep in touch with our particular MH experiences.
__________________
DTPinLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 05:14 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Winnebago Owners Club
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 268
Quote:
Originally Posted by DTPinLC View Post
Thank you both so much for sharing your experiences. Good info. We will be picking up our 2015 Concord 300TS in a couple of weeks in Alvarado. Let's keep in touch with our particular MH experiences.
We have a 2013 Winnebago Aspect, very similar to the Concord. Can I make a suggestion on your walk thru? Make sure they show you, literally, how to remove the television from the overhead if its in a locked position!! In our Aspect, you have to remove a few things prior to getting it out...We like to check in back of the television for possible leaks. Make them do it, not just say "remove this and that and it pulls out"....nope, make them do it!
And don't sign on the dotted line until the walk thru is complete!! And everything (!) is in writing on the contract that is agreed upon between parties.
Just a suggestion from experience.
Enjoy your Concord...we love everything about our Aspect.
Safe travels
Andi
__________________
Kdsgone2dogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 03:40 AM   #9
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
We ended up getting the Concord 300TS at Alvarado. the weather was nasty while we were there ,raining. The folks at Motorhome Specialist were very good. We dealt with Robert Easley ,Great Guy, felt like we had known him for years, showed us every type and model we wanted to see, and answered all our questions.He spent all the time we needed with us, and made the whole ordeal of picking a motorhome to fit what we needed much easier . Have had the Concord home for a couple of weeks, got our license plates in the mail from Alvarado Monday, and have been figuring out what and where we need to put our stuff so we can take a couple of short shakedown trips. Have fun with your New Concord! Ours drives better than our 2014 Tahoe.
__________________
jnr0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #10
Junior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 10
2015 Coachmen Concord

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr0104 View Post
We ended up getting the Concord 300TS at Alvarado. the weather was nasty while we were there ,raining. The folks at Motorhome Specialist were very good. We dealt with Robert Easley ,Great Guy, felt like we had known him for years, showed us every type and model we wanted to see, and answered all our questions.He spent all the time we needed with us, and made the whole ordeal of picking a motorhome to fit what we needed much easier . Have had the Concord home for a couple of weeks, got our license plates in the mail from Alvarado Monday, and have been figuring out what and where we need to put our stuff so we can take a couple of short shakedown trips. Have fun with your New Concord! Ours drives better than our 2014 Tahoe.
Congratulations. We pick up our 300TS in Alvarado in mid April. How was your walk thru? Was it pretty detailed? Did you spend a night at their RV park?
__________________
DTPinLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 08:48 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Posts: 19
Yep, walk through was good, took time to show us things , answered questions, and truthfully, I asked what do you do if the slide motors failed, he said pray they don't.(The type they're using now cant be disconnected and run in using a drill and socket like some of the older ones, guess that would be a good question for the forum to find an answer to). But overall he did answer our questions. No on the overnight, the weather really sucked , rain and cold, so we opted out.
Since having the unit here at the ranch for a couple of weeks, the first thing I did was remove the pipe deal that they have to hold the sewer hose. To me it was a poor design, and it is much easier to just hook up your hose like all the other RV's out there. Really haven't found any problems have had it set up for 5 days with 0 problems. Added my dual band amateur radio equipment, and still figuring out where we want to put things inside and out. still have to take my Jeep rubicon unlimited to local RV shop and have towbar, brakes etc added before we can go on anything but short trips
__________________
jnr0104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 07:39 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
Newmar Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Las Cruces, New Mexico
Posts: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnr0104 View Post
Yep, walk through was good, took time to show us things , answered questions, and truthfully, I asked what do you do if the slide motors failed, he said pray they don't.(The type they're using now cant be disconnected and run in using a drill and socket like some of the older ones, guess that would be a good question for the forum to find an answer to). But overall he did answer our questions. No on the overnight, the weather really sucked , rain and cold, so we opted out.
Since having the unit here at the ranch for a couple of weeks, the first thing I did was remove the pipe deal that they have to hold the sewer hose. To me it was a poor design, and it is much easier to just hook up your hose like all the other RV's out there. Really haven't found any problems have had it set up for 5 days with 0 problems. Added my dual band amateur radio equipment, and still figuring out where we want to put things inside and out. still have to take my Jeep rubicon unlimited to local RV shop and have towbar, brakes etc added before we can go on anything but short trips
Thanks. I guess I'll have to wait until I pick up my Concord to actually see what you are talking about that pipe deal that holds the sewer hose.
__________________
DTPinLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 10:41 AM   #13
Junior Member
 
RogerB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Hot Springs Nat Prk AR
Posts: 4
We just returned from 2400 mile Florida trip last week that we called our maiden voyage. Prior to leaving home we had a Safe-T-Plus steering control put on the RV to see if it would help keep the unit going straight on windy days and when being passed by 18 wheelers. I'm sad to say it but the money should have been spent elsewhere as I did not notice any improvement on how it handled. The E-450 handled very well the whole trip with no problems what so ever and we averaged about 10.2 mpg for the round trip with the average speed og 62 -63 mph. I would have to agree with the person who removed his sewer hose housing as it is a bad design and is extremely close to the ground/payment. I have scraped the pavement several times pulling onto parking pads. Since the unit does sit so low because of the sewer hose housing and hydraulic fluid reservoir for the jack stands if you are going to park it on a slope as it may scrape trying to park it.

RB
__________________
Roger & Sue
2015 Tiffin Allegro Breeze
USAF Ret.
RogerB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 01:20 PM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 212
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerB View Post
We just returned from 2400 mile Florida trip last week that we called our maiden voyage. Prior to leaving home we had a Safe-T-Plus steering control put on the RV to see if it would help keep the unit going straight on windy days and when being passed by 18 wheelers. I'm sad to say it but the money should have been spent elsewhere as I did not notice any improvement on how it handled. The E-450 handled very well the whole trip with no problems what so ever and we averaged about 10.2 mpg for the round trip with the average speed og 62 -63 mph. I would have to agree with the person who removed his sewer hose housing as it is a bad design and is extremely close to the ground/payment. I have scraped the pavement several times pulling onto parking pads. Since the unit does sit so low because of the sewer hose housing and hydraulic fluid reservoir for the jack stands if you are going to park it on a slope as it may scrape trying to park it.

RB
Try a Hellwig rear sway bar. I just added one to my rig; I haven't been out getting passed by semi's with it yet, but it was windy as heck the day of my install. I took it for a 50 mile loop - the bar made a big difference for me. Best ~$200 I've spent on my rig. Period.
__________________

__________________
2015 Jayco Greyhawk 29MV
s1njin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
coachmen



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2015 Coachmen Orion P24RB vinny d Forest River Owners Forum 1 05-25-2015 07:51 PM
1st time RV buyer 2015 Coachmen RV Freelander 32BH or 2014 Thor ACE 30.2 corvfamily Class C Motorhome Discussions 8 08-18-2014 04:11 AM
1st time RV buyer? 2015 Coachmen RV Freelander 32BH Vs. 2014 Thor ACE 30.2 corvfamily Class A Motorhome Discussions 9 08-17-2014 06:50 PM
Coachmen concord HARDY212 Class C Motorhome Discussions 2 01-19-2014 12:14 AM
Coachmen: another Coachmen Concord Drain Question dakotaboy Forest River Owners Forum 4 08-02-2013 09:43 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.