Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-05-2015, 01:01 PM   #1

2015 Four Winds 35SK

We are moving up from a toy hauler to a C Class and are considering the 2015 Four Winds 35SK. The draw is the diesel engine, roomy floor plan, and towing capacity of 10K. We are new to the C Class so I wanted to get more information on both the specific model we are considering and the C Class in general before we make this jump. We "boondock" camp about 90% of the time with our dirtbikes and sometimes our boat. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-05-2015, 06:45 PM   #2

If you search for thor four winds on this site, there should be other threads started that you can go through while you wait for some more recent experiences to be shared here. Good luck to you

Old 03-06-2015, 06:40 PM   #3

Residential fridge makes it hard to boondock. We have a 2014 33sw, pulls great. We pull a 22' enclosed trailer no problem and get 9-10mpg with the trailer. But we just traded it in for a Dynamax Force.

2014 Thor 33sw Fourwinds, built twice.
Old 03-06-2015, 07:19 PM   #4

If your RV has an adequate Generator RVing without AC connections, having an Residential Refrigerator is not a issue.
Old 03-07-2015, 08:15 PM   #5

Agreed if you have the diesel generator, but you can burn up a lot of propane otherwise. Just my 2 cents

2014 Thor 33sw Fourwinds, built twice.
Old 03-07-2015, 11:27 PM   #6

Second on the residential fridge drawing a lot of battery juice.... we added 400Watts of solar to keep it up- works well now for boondocking...
Old 03-11-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
mre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDogMom View Post
We are moving up from a toy hauler to a C Class and are considering the 2015 Four Winds 35SK. The draw is the diesel engine, roomy floor plan, and towing capacity of 10K. We are new to the C Class so I wanted to get more information on both the specific model we are considering and the C Class in general before we make this jump. We "boondock" camp about 90% of the time with our dirtbikes and sometimes our boat. Any suggestions or comments would be greatly appreciated!
Look at the OCCC. The guys that own one of these can correct me, but when I looked at them it was only around 2000 lbs. Not much considering the 19,500 GVWR. That is around gas Class C territory. The gaser should easily tow your dirt bikes or boat. I figured with the cost difference between gas and diesel, price of oil changes, filters, the cost of ownership should be about equal. I also thought for it's size, the interior while bigger than gas really wasn't that great. The only really benefit I saw was if you needed more than 5K towing capacity with is what the gassers have.

We decided on a 34' Class A. when we buy this fall. Many out there with over 100,000 miles on them. And the Class is more roomier. The Ford chassis/engine/transmission virtually maintenance free -- some people say they are bullet proof.

my 2 cents

Tags
four winds