Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2015, 08:19 PM   #1

Winnebago Owners Club
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

Friends are looking at this coach, any input would be appreciated.
Thanks!
larryjeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2015, 09:06 PM   #2
WDW

Nice coach. Tried to buy one but the dealer was unable to put together the right deal with the extras we wanted like Bigfoot levlers, on demand hot water and in motion satelite. We had a buy price without those items of 67,200. . But that was the Winnie. We moved on and bought Jayco Greyhawk. Better MH, better Class A like features, drove better and almost same money for bigger vehicle. IMHO. Winne rather make and sell class A vehicles. The brought this mini winnie line back but have not excelled in design and features. Go drive the Jayco and I'll bet you will like it.

Taking in the sights with our Trolley ...but life is always better under a Palm Tree
2015 JAYCO 31FK

Western New York
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #3

I have a 2012.

1. Long wheel base for its size. Nicer to drive.
2. E45O chassis which is nice for the smaller size coach.
3. Fiberglass roof and dual pane windows nice.
4. Full gel coat smooth fiberglass exterior.

The coach drives very nice with not many raddles.

Overall a very nice smaller MH that drives nice and has plenty of storage.

Gas Millage 8
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 05:55 AM   #4

You'll likely not run into any weight considerations either w/ that Winnie vs. the Jayco. Greyhawks are heavy vehicles, period. That 27QP Winnie even w/ the premier package on it would probably ring up with 4000+ pounds of OCCC. Which is nice.

Jayco wins on inside build quality/components though. Easily a more comfortable coach. That comfort comes with a weight consideration however.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:45 AM   #5
WDW

Also if they do buy it, require the dealer to have it taken to a truck shop capable of doing a alignment. Winnie will pay for it. I know from experience. There is a 14 at a Buffalo dealer -- it's the one we refused delivery on. Nothing wrong with it - it was about the upgrades in the deal. I know it can be had for great price. It's been on the lot for a year.
WDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:42 AM   #6

The Itasca 26q is a short motorhome with a walk around bed in the rear. For its size plenty of room. I sold my last Class A motorhome because it did not drive nice and it had rattles everywhere. This one drives much more like a car and does not wonder all over the road because of a long wheel base and not a huge overhang in the rear. I do miss the a full coach but then I would have to go longer.
TCHB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
itasca