Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-29-2016, 10:48 AM   #1
HJT

2016 Winnebago Aspect 30J

I am new to the forum so hope I am posting correctly. We are downsizing from a 40' Toyhauler 5th wheel to a used 2016 Winnebago Aspect 30J. Any thoughts on new ride? It is slightly used, under 4100 miles, so the price was right. I have read many reviews concerning sewer hose storage, AC unit, and air bag pressure. I guess my question is if it's OK to get slightly used for savings, any operation tips, towing (plan to pull a 20' trailer with toys), and any other suggestions, pros, cons. My one concern is the smaller kitchen as I like to cook. Also, used to having an oven so the microwave/convection will require a learning curve! We feel the Winnebago is well built and, as we are getting older, like the smaller size. Thanks for any information!
HJT is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-29-2016, 11:20 AM   #2

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
You have 7500 lbs tow capacity but I think the hitch receiver is only rated for 5000 lbs. And a 20' trailer would weigh at least 2k on it's own. Just something to keep in mind.
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 12:03 PM   #3
HJT

Receiver rating is 5K. Thanks for your input!
Old 09-29-2016, 06:45 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJT View Post
I am new to the forum so hope I am posting correctly. We are downsizing from a 40' Toyhauler 5th wheel to a used 2016 Winnebago Aspect 30J. Any thoughts on new ride? It is slightly used, under 4100 miles, so the price was right. I have read many reviews concerning sewer hose storage, AC unit, and air bag pressure. I guess my question is if it's OK to get slightly used for savings, any operation tips, towing (plan to pull a 20' trailer with toys), and any other suggestions, pros, cons. My one concern is the smaller kitchen as I like to cook. Also, used to having an oven so the microwave/convection will require a learning curve! We feel the Winnebago is well built and, as we are getting older, like the smaller size. Thanks for any information!

We have the smaller cousin, the 27K to your 30J. We had a 26A before our 27K. We really like the smaller size of the Cambria/Aspect line and I think you'll find it a pretty decent RV. You will be limited on your towing capacity though. I don't know what your trailer weighs but you're hitch is rated the same as ours, which is 5,000 pounds.

The microwave/convection thing will grow on you. It took us a few months to figure out which buttons to push to bake, but it really does do a good job.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2016, 06:16 AM   #5
HJT

Thanks for the reply. Glad to hear the good news about the cooking!!
Old 10-01-2016, 06:50 PM   #6
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Our current RV is a Cambria 27K. Like it a lot. Tow a Lincoln MKX about 3800 lb. No problem through the Rocky's. Had a Aspect 30C 2012. Also good coach pulled a 2 door Jeep wangler. No problems at all. Like the four door frig. in the 27K. Miss the opposing slides in the living area. Really like the air mattress. Would like King bed. The convection/micro wive is working well. I think that you will really like how Ford/Winn have gotten the dog house much quieter. You also have the new 6 speed. should like it a lot. The 2015 still had the older 5 speed. Tow haul on both. Great in the mountains. We have the roof hatch use it at most stops. It is just big enough to place our satellite dish on the roof.
Old 10-02-2016, 06:20 AM   #7
HJT

Thanks! On the road heading to pick it up! Very excited!
Old 10-02-2016, 06:51 AM   #8

I have a 15 30J and love it. It tows my 5000 lb. Ford Explorer easily and legally.

My wife is a cook. We got rid of a 08 Tiffin that had a convection microwave and my wife hated it. It was almost a deal breaker that this thing had a similar product. This one works well. The 08 would take half a day to bake biscuits.

I will tell you that you will have to read the directions. It's not intuitive but it works.
crh97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2016, 08:30 AM   #9
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Let us know more when you get it home.
Old 10-02-2016, 08:31 PM   #10
HJT

Thanks so much! Drove 600+ miles today! Hoping it will be all we want it to be when we drive the last 200 tomorrow! Microwave/convection will take time I'm sure! I really appreciate responses! Thanks!
Old 10-08-2016, 09:20 AM   #11
HJT

We picked up the Aspect. Love it! Still trying to get home but we live on the SC coast so can't get there due to hurricane. The 2016 Aspect should have a black tank flush system but can't find it. Hoping this one wasn't early production before it was added. Any info appreciated.
Old 10-08-2016, 04:22 PM   #12
JBP

Winnebago Owners Club
Call winn with with coach ID and they will tell you. They have the build sheet for each coach and can look up your coach. 1 800 537 1885. Also for parts they say you can not order them except through your dealer. That is not the case. Call Betty Williams at 641 585 6392. Have fun with your new coach.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:25 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
We down sized a little over a year ago from a 40' DO to 30' Mini Wini. The biggest issue was storage. I can't believe how much extra junk I was carrying. The black tank washout should be in the wet bay. Start the air bags at 50#, fully loaded I settled on 80#. If you have a bit of wandering have an alignment done and search here under Ford for the specs. Have fun!

LEN
Old 10-09-2016, 07:00 PM   #14
HJT

The flush is not in wet area. I'll call Winnebago...good idea. Still, all in all, easy driving compared to 40' fifth wheel! Tighter but just the two of us. Thanks for responding. New adventure!!

Tags
winnebago