Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-19-2017, 06:28 AM   #1

2017 Thor Super C Issues

I'm having a few issues that might be common or pilot error. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Black tank monitor appears to be stuck on 3 lights even after dumping.
2. Awning doesn't deploy and retract without coaxing.
3. Ice maker won't fill. Confirmed water to plastic supply line and arm is in correct position.

I can take it in for warranty, just wondering if I'm missing something easy. Thanks!
Capnsteve60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-19-2017, 07:00 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnsteve60 View Post
I'm having a few issues that might be common or pilot error. Any thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

1. Black tank monitor appears to be stuck on 3 lights even after dumping.
2. Awning doesn't deploy and retract without coaxing.
3. Ice maker won't fill. Confirmed water to plastic supply line and arm is in correct position.

I can take it in for warranty, just wondering if I'm missing something easy. Thanks!
The black tank monitor problem could just be debris caught on the sensor. This is a common problem with most tank sensors. A generous amount of dish soap and a tank 3/4 full with a drive around could help. Or you could try a wand attachment down the commode with high pressure.

The awning problem could be a loose wire. Not enough power getting through. Hard to say.

Has the ice maker ever worked? Is the valve to the supply line open? You may find a valve behind the refer access panel on the outside.
LarrytheBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:14 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarrytheBear View Post
The black tank monitor problem could just be debris caught on the sensor. This is a common problem with most tank sensors. A generous amount of dish soap and a tank 3/4 full with a drive around could help. Or you could try a wand attachment down the commode with high pressure.

The awning problem could be a loose wire. Not enough power getting through. Hard to say.

Has the ice maker ever worked? Is the valve to the supply line open? You may find a valve behind the refer access panel on the outside.

Thanks for the advice! All seem reasonable fixes, easy to check. The ice maker has never worked. It is a residential fridge, so I'm not sure about the outside access, but I will check it out. The awning switch is wired backward (retract is extend, etc.) so the loose wire sounds highly possible. Easy to check. Also good advice on tank monitor. Thanks again!
Old 07-19-2017, 07:47 AM   #4

I had to have my awning motor replaced on our 2013 Thor Citation. We bought used with extended warranty. Our service company said that this motor has been replaced a lot...
CampFire Junkies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 08:50 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Our BENZ Life View Post
I had to have my awning motor replaced on our 2013 Thor Citation. We bought used with extended warranty. Our service company said that this motor has been replaced a lot...

Interesting. I guess I'd better get a dealer to look at it, then. Thank you!
Old 07-19-2017, 12:12 PM   #6

I don't know about the other issues but the sensors are a joke unless they are of the ones that work from the outside. I have three different units of different brands and these sensors are not accurate. If you don't believe me, visit any RV Forum and search for sensors/monitors and you will see how common is this problem.
Old 07-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capnsteve60 View Post

1. Black tank monitor appears to be stuck on 3 lights even after dumping. Constant issue among all factory installed sensors. You may need to perform the cleaning routine. There are several aftermarket sources for replacements if you want to do a google search.
2. Awning doesn't deploy and retract without coaxing. Define "coaxing" To me that can be verbal persuasion, soft hands pressure, hard hands, all the way up to an impact weapon (small ball peen, chisel, crowbar, and / or 8 lb sledge hammer). I don't think a taser, OC spray, or Glock will perform particularly well for this task.
3. Ice maker won't fill. Confirmed water to plastic supply line and arm is in correct position. If it has a residential fridge, trace back the supply line from the entry into the fridge. My supply valve was in the compartment under the fridge. I had to remove a drawer under under the fridge to get to it.

Jerry

Tags
thor