Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-30-2014, 04:02 PM   #15

The comment about it happening when getting stuck in traffic is interesting. Not sure if you have a trans cooler but something may be getting it too hot. Take it to. A good truck shop and have them do a sac . Cheaper then blowing something major
jdoran1973 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-30-2014, 09:46 PM   #16

The engine is a big Cat. I have not tried fuel filters or air filters, but will tomorrow. I have a sneaky suspicion it has to do with my batteries and them not charging. By the time I stopped the house batteries were dead. Could I be just running on batteries and not charging them through the Alternator.
tonybalis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:47 AM   #17

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybalis View Post
The engine is a big Cat. I have not tried fuel filters or air filters, but will tomorrow. I have a sneaky suspicion it has to do with my batteries and them not charging. By the time I stopped the house batteries were dead. Could I be just running on batteries and not charging them through the Alternator.
The House batteries will not affect how the engine runs Tony, are the Chassis batteries up to full charge? When did you change the fuel filter's last? Sounds like there might be a problem with the "House Battery" charging side of things though?? Check the voltage on your "Chassis Batteries" and see what they are.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:31 AM   #18

Check your gauges fuse. If house batteries get too dead and engine alternator gets overloaded trying to charge them it could blow a fuse or fusible link.

No charging from the alternator puts you running on a dying battery.

Transmission might be electrically controlled and refusing to shift into higher gears or lockup.
Old 01-11-2015, 04:57 PM   #19

Vacuum Advance Issue

All the posts, at least at first scan, seem to point to filters.
May I suggest something altogether different.

A break in the engines vacuum advance lines, or the sending unit for vacuum advance unit on transmission failing for whatever reason can affect vehicle speed and mimic filter issues. I would definitely have some vacuum advance/engine vacuum tests run to look for the problem.

just saying
no, I am not a mechanic by trade, just a survivor

Good Luck

nwdetectorist
nwdetectorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:32 PM   #20

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwdtectorist View Post
Vacuum Advance Issue

All the posts, at least at first scan, seem to point to filters.
May I suggest something altogether different.

A break in the engines vacuum advance lines, or the sending unit for vacuum advance unit on transmission failing for whatever reason can affect vehicle speed and mimic filter issues. I would definitely have some vacuum advance/engine vacuum tests run to look for the problem.

just saying
no, I am not a mechanic by trade, just a survivor

Good Luck

nwdetectorist
It is a diesel. No vacuum lines involved
Old 01-17-2015, 09:38 PM   #21

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybalis View Post
My Country Coach Da Vinci today was maxing out on the speed at 45 MPH, any idea what going on?

First it doesn't make any difference as to what model you have, knowing it is a CC helps.

Do you have any red lights on the dash?

What temps are you seeing on your Silverleaf and if you don't have that, what do the dash gauges say?

Is the transmission up shifting, can it get into 6th gear?

My first guess is fuel filters. Have you recently taken on fuel?

Second guess is air filter. What does your air filter indicator look like? Is it into the red zone?

What kind of road were you driving on? Level, up hill, down hill, etc?
Old 01-17-2015, 09:41 PM   #22

Vintage RV Owners Club
Are you in cold country or warm country? Could be the fuel is jelling up on you.
87Rockwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 01:57 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by dons2346 View Post
It is a diesel. No vacuum lines involved

doH!

I guess this is why I am a shade-tree mechanic.
Because I want to be able to repair the little things on my MH;
I had better stick to gasoline powered.

Thanks,

nwdetectorist
nwdetectorist is offline   Reply With Quote