Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-10-2013, 08:13 PM   #1

91 pace arrow furnace

I have not been able to get the furnace to work. Ive just recently purchased the mh. Any ideas?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-10-2013, 08:54 PM   #2

Winnebago Owners Club
If the previous owner says that it was working but it has sat for a while, you could just have the old bug issue. The pests can and will crawl up into the furnace. They love the odor put in propane. If they get anywhere near the gas orifice or tube, (maybe a small web) it will prevent the furnace from igniting. It cost me almost 200 bucks once to have mine removed on a 92 class A and it was the most expensive insect I have ever purchased. Always a good idea to block off the intake and exhaust of the furnace if it is going to be sitting idle for a while. There are other reasons that a furnace may not fire, low batteries not powering the fan well enough, no propane, high or low limit switches, poor spark, etc. if you know there is gas getting there, hear the fan blowing well, and hear the igniter, it is probably the insect issue.

sswilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #3

Thank you. The previous owner did say it worked and it did sit for awhile. I try cleaning it out😃
Old 08-11-2013, 12:32 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Not sure with your model, but the furnace will probably have to come out to get to the orifice. I once had a small spider build a web in a patio heater on the deck. The pilot would light but not enough gas would come thru to start the main burner. Had to get to center of heater to remove web and then all was good. I hope yours is easier to get to. Could be a good learning experience
Old 08-16-2013, 11:29 AM   #5

I was just having similar issues with the furnace on my 89 fleetwood. I new everything was working as it should and I cleaned it out not long ago. Turned out my old house battery wasn't giving it enough power to fire up even when plugged into shore power cause the furnace only runs on 12v. Replaced the battery and now it fires every time.
Old 08-16-2013, 01:27 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Most of these furnaces need enough power to turn the fan hard enough to prove the fan switch. If there is not enough fan power, the main gas valve will not allow gas thru it to light. Had that problem years ago on a rental unit. The fan would blow cold air but not hard enough to prove the switch. Slowly emptied what battery I had left. Once the battery was replaced, away it went.
Old 08-17-2013, 03:23 PM   #7

Just dealt with the same issue. Normally, you have about 20 second delay before fan kicks on. Once fan gets to 75% or higher speed it turns the sail switch on which allows 12 volts to then go to another high temp switch. As long as the heater isn't too hot or that switch is good, it sends 12 volts along to the control board which simultaneously opens the gas valve ( metal click noise) and the igniter ( clicking noise ). If the fan runs good and you hear the igniter clicking, but doesn't fire up, it's not getting gas. Either the gas pressure is too low, plugged by a bug or gas valve is bad.
Old 08-19-2013, 07:04 AM   #8

I haven't heard him say what exactly the furnace is doing or is not doing correctly? More info would help.