Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #1

Adding rear camera to Winnebago Aspect

I have 2095 Winnebago Aspect without camera . I see cable wires under the rear bumper. Sketch recd from Winnebago is unclear if wire is at top center rear. There is no access panel on top. I don't want to cut the fiberglass not knowing.

I am not sure where the video wire tins to from dash? I pulled the sun visor as per instructions but did not see cable in door frame or under dash.

Any ideas would be helpful to go hard wire or wireless .

Mac
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #2

We had a 2006 Aspect 26A. Our backup camera wires ran along the base of the coach and then up the side and to the center of the rear where the camera was. If you go to Winnebago's website, you can look at the wiring diagram for your model year though and see exactly where it runs.

They are here: Winnebago electrical diagrams for 2005

Just find your model Aspect and click on it. There will be a whole bunch of PDF drawings one of which will be the backup camera.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 09:12 PM   #3

Thanks for info. Did you install your camera ? I looked at diagram and see where cable is suppose to be but I gave no access plate. I would have to cut the fiberglass to locate. I hate to cut hole and can find it.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #4

No, both of ours have come with them from the factory. I have used the wiring diagram for figuring out what wires went where for things like the entertainment systems though, and it was accurate.
boiledfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 06:26 PM   #5

I am going with the wireless camera.
Big Bear Local is offline   Reply With Quote