Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #15
Fleetwood Owners Club
Oh, I saw issues with the dicor self leveling caulk around the skylight and cab over area that I required to be removed and replaced properly to avoid leaks and I had a brand new awning installed as part of the deal.

History: '08 View, '05 Chinook, '01 Jamboree 24D, '78 Apache Popup, 81 Komfort Tlr,
84 Mazda B2000 'w canopy,
Tent from wedding shower in '96
wanderso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-29-2013, 11:25 PM   #16
Winnebago Owners Club
right 0n

jwyoming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:58 AM   #17
Originally Posted by Murf2u View Post
Not to single any one person, but I hear these kinds of comments quite often. I still don't understand them. Do a lot of people go "camping" and just sit watching TV in a different place or something?
YES! Indeed they do. More than you would think. They're either inside watching TV or they're on their computers.

A lot of people still "camp" in tents, we did for many, many years. As a guess-timate I'd have to say that over the years the DW & I have stayed in a 8' x 12' for more than the equivalent of a full year. No problem.

By comparison our 24' C is positively spacious!!
I started by tent camping many years ago also. Most of our stuff was stored in the van my ex and I had at the time, so the tent worked out fine. It wasn't very crowded/cramped. But when you're in a Class-C, it's all in there with you. Some things will fit in the cubbys. Inside storage areas are not huge. And today's campers, especially those with children/teens carry a lot more stuff with them than we did back then.

Teen boys, at least all those I knew, normally grow tired quickly of sitting staring at a fire. They'll want to get online, call their friends on a cell phone, watch some TV when the weather is bad. Ride their bikes into town. Maybe do some fishing. Bikes and fishing gear take up space.

There are changes of clothing and bedding if you're going camping/traveling for more than a few days. There's all the food too! And the smaller the Class-C (generally speaking) the smaller the tanks. The more people in the RV the faster they fill and need dumping. Believe me, even a 28 footer can feel small once it's "packed" and ready to roll. A slideout would help, if not with more storage space, then with just some space to breathe and not feel claustrophobic.
Retired. RVing with one husband and five cats.
1999 32' Fleetwood Southwind Class-A. Ford V10.
RanCarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:31 PM   #18
I don't think I understood your post. Are you talking about 2 teenage boys or you & your ex-husband? Are you saying there's less storage in a C Class or your former van?
Ted 'n' Laurie, plus Jackson (aka Deputy Dog, the Parson Russell Terrier 'fur kid') and, Rylie (who crossed the Rainbow Bridge June 14, 2012).
Murf2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 07:50 PM   #19
Thor Owners Club
Originally Posted by Chardah84 View Post
I am considering my first RV. Going to be for weekend family use (2 adults and 2 teen boys) and an occasional cross country trip. I'm thinking a small to medium used class C. I would like to keep the cost under $15k. I would like to hear opinions from some seasoned RVers. Thanks!
Your boys won't want to share a bed. The overhead bunk is not for everyone but is not bad for one person. Your dinette will convert to a bed but will be tight for two. Our first motorhome - a Class C - was a 27' '93 Tioga with twin beds in the rear. Our kids (a girl and a boy) were able to sleep in the twin beds, wife and I shared the overhead bunk. We took a lot of trips in that Tioga. If you're not in a hurry I would suggest you may want to look/wait for a unit with the twin beds, or if you are handy you could make the conversion yourself. Older units in the price range you're talking about probably will not have a slide, and a full size bed in those units is a big headache to get in/out of, change linens, make the bed, etc.

Just my $0.02 worth!

Ed [N4RWU] Taylor (Becky), Mistie (4 legger)
2014 Thor Tuscany XTE 40GQ
Former Thor Palazzo 33.2
taylorgso is offline   Reply With Quote