Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #1

I find it amazing that the dealer will do just about anything to get your money then totally ignor you ... We purchaed our new 2005 'C', got a good price, no problems there ... was missing a hub cap and the stove had a chip in it ... that was a month ago ... drove up (2.5 hours) to pick them up ( and yes they were supposed in and waiting ), not one saleperson greeted us or even said can we help, and of course they could not find the parts so promised to mail them to us ... that was last week ... I called today and they 'just found them' and would send them out ... ask for overnight since we are going off ... nope, can't do that, not critical to operation of unit .... fine, no problem, but somehow their company logos all over my unit suddenly dissappeared as did that stupid front plate ..... Now of course they want me to recommend thier company to everyone else .... yup I will definitely do that, right, sure ... wonder if they have ever heard of irv2 and rv.net .... Sure hope so cause they will get an earfull .... OH, and just to add insult to injury, their reason for not giving us more on our trade was that the unit was in such bad condition that it would have to be wholesaled out ... which was fine until logging into their webpage today resulted in seeing our unit for sale by them for twice what they gave us ... hmmmm, sure does make one wonder about honesty and customer service

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-11-2005, 02:01 PM   #2

I find it amazing that the dealer will do just about anything to get your money then totally ignor you ... We purchaed our new 2005 'C', got a good price, no problems there ... was missing a hub cap and the stove had a chip in it ... that was a month ago ... drove up (2.5 hours) to pick them up ( and yes they were supposed in and waiting ), not one saleperson greeted us or even said can we help, and of course they could not find the parts so promised to mail them to us ... that was last week ... I called today and they 'just found them' and would send them out ... ask for overnight since we are going off ... nope, can't do that, not critical to operation of unit .... fine, no problem, but somehow their company logos all over my unit suddenly dissappeared as did that stupid front plate ..... Now of course they want me to recommend thier company to everyone else .... yup I will definitely do that, right, sure ... wonder if they have ever heard of irv2 and rv.net .... Sure hope so cause they will get an earfull .... OH, and just to add insult to injury, their reason for not giving us more on our trade was that the unit was in such bad condition that it would have to be wholesaled out ... which was fine until logging into their webpage today resulted in seeing our unit for sale by them for twice what they gave us ... hmmmm, sure does make one wonder about honesty and customer service

Andrea
C Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2005, 03:56 AM   #3

Ed, care to mention the wonderful dealer or there location?
Derek
Old 08-15-2005, 10:17 AM   #4

RV dealers need to make as much money as possible. This means they will attempt to pay as little as possible for the unit coming in, and charge as much as possible for the unit going out. While they have it, they will spend as little as possible. And they will not be enthusiastic about their paid personnel engaging in activities not related to bringing in more sales.

Now a wise dealership will try keep in mind that a happy customer is good advertising and a possible repeat customer, so they may modify these policies a bit to encourage happiness. Such dealers should be encouraged by recommending them to others and going back when parts/service/new units are required.

If they mislead you or overcharge you, that is business as usual. It is up to you to do your homework to counter their expertise, otherwise you don't really have any valid cause for complaint, sad as that is. However, there are some dealers who are outright crooks, who will out and out lie to you or cheat you. These should be reported to the appropriate authorities and/or the information widely disseminated.

If they treat you shabbily after the sale, you can mention that in your recommendation, and certainly you can avoid them in future. However, I'd be more interested in how I was treating during the sale than after...
Old 08-15-2005, 03:41 PM   #5

When I buy I have it put in the contact that the unit will be delivered with no additional logos attached. I told the owner when he questioned my as to WHY - I have given you more verbal KUDO's that are worth a lot more than the simple dumb logos. I told him I bought three unit from them and most of the folks I know wanting to buy something were aware of that fact. My repeat buying was the best referral he could get.

Pushed by a KITTY KAT
wallynm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2005, 08:39 AM   #6

Ok, I recommend "Brooks Ramsey RV" White Marsh,Md...Here's a letter we just sent to them..

Hi Billy,

Ted and I would like to compliment the service organization at Brooks Ramsey RV. We are both impressed and very pleased with the level of service everyone has given us. Although we had a few issues after we took delivery of our 98 Pace Arrow Vision, we were delighted to see how quickly even the smallest problems were resolved. As you are aware, we recently had a few issues with our generator. The good news, I'm happy to say, is that we spent the entire past weekend at a dog show and she ran smoothly the whole stay. We couldn't help but think good thoughts about you, Greg and John as we enjoyed our weekend. Thank you so much.

This is our first motorhome and we love it! We realize that even though our purchase was small relative to many of the other coaches on your lot, you made us feel like we were your most important customer. Frankly we were blown away last week especially when we realized that you even refilled our gas tank when you had to remove some gas to diagnosis the generator problem. What service!

Please know that we remain very pleased to have found Brooks Ramsay RV, even though Nick work there at the time, and we look forward to many years together as we enjoy our new hobby of RVing.

Warmest Regards,

Mary Lou & Ted Olszewski
98 Pace Arrow Vision

2000 Ford Lightning
Houndog is offline   Reply With Quote