Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 04-20-2012, 08:00 PM   #15
For those that don't live close to HWH and may be interested, i just had the HWH system installed in our 2011 Jayco 31FS. i had the local dealer install them. they did a great job including welding the mount brackets to the frame, sealing and painting all the holes and installation points, and securing the wires and hoses. Total cost was $4500. It is the kickdown model and when stowed does not go below the existing low points on the rig so no additional ground clearance issues. i opted for the manual system with the touch pad mounted on the outboard drivers seat base. this allows me to look inderneath while i lower the jacks. i can't believe the difference it makes in stability as well. i was also impressed with the wealth of information available on the HWH website.

johnd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-21-2012, 06:29 AM   #16
John: how much weight do they add to your 31fs?

Thor4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 AM   #17
I had a automatic Big Foot System installed on a Gulfstream Conquest, at the factory in Michigan, several years ago. At that time they were quite a bit cheaper than HWH. The had a plug in for the night and I was done by 11am the next day. I especially liked the big pads on the bottom of the Jacks. I used them for two years and then got a class A. They increased the trade value of my coach by almost the cost of the system.
2007 Fleetwood Bounder 38V
pcurt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 07:17 AM   #18
Contact Stuart Services in Elkhart. They're the best.. professional, courteous, and timely. They're an HWH authorized dealer, and the owner is an RVer ! Disclaimer: I do not work for, have any interest in this company...just excellent experiences with the work they've performed for me on several occasions. The number is 800-826 6267 it's worth a phone call if nothing else. Happy Travels !
1997 National Seabreeze 133 Limited
1993 Mazda Miata
2005 Basset Hound, "Fred"
rvguy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #19
Originally Posted by Thor4 View Post
John: how much weight do they add to your 31fs?
around 200 - 250lbs, i haven't weighed the rig again yet
johnd1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:27 PM   #20
I work at a dealership and I installed the HWH on a 2011 aspect. took about 14 hours. The most difficult part for me was welding the brackets to the frame. Did it with a mig. Customer was real pleased. The instructions furnished by HWH were very well written, I think anyone with a basic mechanical knowledge could install them.
camper33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 10:03 PM   #21
Monaco Owners Club
Installed hwh system on 30' Hurricane, you have to buy through a dealer hwh will not sell direct. I went through a dealer in lake havasu az. you don't have to know much about hydraulics, you bolt the jacks on, bolt the control box in hook up the hoses and wires between the two then adjust the level. The instructions are available on line at hwh, all the wiring is plug and go, you can do it. It cost me around $4000. plus freight.
Tom A
tallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:57 PM   #22
Actually I went to HWH and purchased direct (last May) and had them installed at the same time. The guys at HWH were very helpful and got the job done an hour earlier than promised. They have a couple of spots to hook up (power only) for the night if you need. Love my HWH system.

2011 Jayco 31SS V10
2006 Ranger Reata 1850
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4-down
Gma-n-Gpa is offline   Reply With Quote