RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2019, 07:06 PM   #1

Ford Super Duty Owner
Air compressor

I want to bring a air compressor for tires and blowing out the lines what does everyone else use

billsankey is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2019, 07:30 PM   #2

Use your water pump to blow out your lines.

Menards has a Fini hot dog compressor that works well.

https://www.menards.com/main/tools/a...4449832791.htm

Forgot to add that I have one and got my accessories at Harbor Freight. An inexpensive way to air up stuff.

Winterbagoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:31 PM   #3

Winnebago Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I use a 1 gallon pancake compressor. Mine came with a brad nail gun on a Black Friday sale and it was $99. Without the nail gun you could get one in $80 range. At Home Depot I also got a 25 foot hose and a I got a tire inflater end with a gauge. I leave it in my side compartment when I travel and run an extension cord to it and the air hose from it to top off tires. Also at home depot I was able to put together an adapter from the air hose to a hose connection to blow out the RV from the water inlet.
Member FMCA F421963, GS Life, SKP#127220, WIT, PA,
Robmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2019, 07:38 PM   #4
EJW

I bought a Bostitch 150 PSI Pancake Air Compressor with an accessory kit and a 25' hose for our 31' coach. It's light, well-sized, portable, provides enough pressure, and has a solid capacity. I'll also fill up the tank before trips and it holds the pressure well. The price wasn't bad either.

Here's the compressor on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Hope this helps. Good luck!
EJW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 06:35 AM   #5

Dewalt D55140

Bought this 2 years ago and it works fine for the RV, Toad, and Bike tires. $140 at home depot.com. Had mine delivered to the RV park where I was staying at the time. It is great not having to jockey for position at gas stations anymore to fill tires! Ordered an accessory kit with various fittings.
TJFogelberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:16 AM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
I picked up a small compressor at wally world, coil hose and adapters for around $75.
Old 11-18-2019, 09:00 AM   #7

I have this one.

Viair 40047 400P-RV Automatic Portable Compressor Kit https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004B68XGC..._LgR0DbQQWK4KB

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8749.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	133.3 KB
ID:	267256
pasdad1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #8

If you have Milwaukee tools, their compact portable inflator is excellent. Won't move a ton of air quickly, but it has no problem with Class C tire pressures, and the battery lasts longer than expected if it's a 3.0 or better. I absolutely love mine. And it's compact and lightweight.

Tags
air, compressor