Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #1

The more I look, the more indecisive I become. We had pretty much decided on a Minnie 31C (class C, until we saw an Allegro 32BA (class A). The Allegro seems nicer, more robust, albeit somewhat more expensive than the Winnie. We like how the front seats in a class A can swivel around to form part of the interior. Has anyone also decided on a lerger class C versus a smaller Calss A? We're newbies, and looking for opinions. Thansk.
John95683 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-18-2007, 09:03 AM   #2

The more I look, the more indecisive I become. We had pretty much decided on a Minnie 31C (class C, until we saw an Allegro 32BA (class A). The Allegro seems nicer, more robust, albeit somewhat more expensive than the Winnie. We like how the front seats in a class A can swivel around to form part of the interior. Has anyone also decided on a lerger class C versus a smaller Calss A? We're newbies, and looking for opinions. Thansk.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:30 AM   #3

John, It's a tough decision to make! We started out in a 24' Minnie for 2 yrs. and then bought a 32' Bounder class A. After 2 yrs. of lugging the Bounder around we went back to a class C. We bought a FourWinds 28A. The Bounder was great to live out of because it had a lot of room but I always felt as though I was driving the Queen Mary. My wife and I do a lot of touring and are never in one spot very long, And we spend a lot of time outside. We like a vehicle with a little more zip. Zero to 60mph in 30 seconds is a little to doggy for us. The Bounder got 8.68mpg while our 2005 FourWinds(Chevy) gets between 11.5 and 11.89mpg. We dont tow and I don't drive over 60mph. We usually rent a car when we get to our destination. I guess you have to decide on how you are going to use it. Most of all test drive both to see how you like the ride, handling, etc. I found the class C to be a lot less stressful to drive, sort of like driving a big van. Everyone has different needs and you have to decide what those are. I like the mobility of the C. If I were to go back to Class A I would also pick an Allegro! Good luck in your decision making!
Road Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 03:11 PM   #4

Welcome John. Of course I will say Allegro. But Road Dog is right. A class A is like driving a tank. Class C is easier. BUT Allegro is a very reputable company and Bob Tiffin stands behind his name. If you have any problems they will be quick to fix. Good luck on your decision.

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2007, 05:44 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Ford Super Duty Owner
We have had several travel trailers, 27' class A, 34' class A and a 31' (no slide) Minnie Winnie class C. Now we have a 36.5' 5er and an F350 Dually. Having had them all, if I went back to a motorhome, I'd get a small class A over a class C. Sure the C feels smaller due to the van type cab, but it is as wide as an A.

The large C's are limited on cargo capacity since they have the chassis loaded so heavily. Also, the C's tend to be poor handling on the road compared to a class A of the current designs. A large C can be made to handle properly, but you will need to make suspension up grades.

Before you decide, take both units for at least a 30 minute drive and get on the freeway or highway and run up to normal road speeds as well as some around town. See which one you are the most comfortable with. You are the one that will be driving the rig long term, not anu one else.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator (KE5DFR)|No Longer Full-Time! - 2023 Cougar 22MLS toted by 2022 F150, 3.5L EcoBoost Tow Max FX4 Lariat Travel with one Standard Schnauzer and one small Timneh African Gray Parrot, retired mechanical engineer
TXiceman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2007, 03:44 PM   #6

We spent of lot of time today in the Allego 32BA, and, to us, there was no comparison. The Allegro is a much more substantial machine, and the fit and finish is great. I drove it in very high winds, and it was very stable. So, now we are in search of a 2004 or 2005 used 32BA or34WA.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:31 AM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TXiceman:
. . . Sure the C feels smaller due to the van type cab, but it is as wide as an A . . .

Ken </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not always --- Winnebago's View is 7' 6" wide . . . their other Class C's, Access and Outlook, are about a full foot wider, as are most other C's. The View, however, is currently available in but one length - 23' - although three floor plans.
SeeTheUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2007, 08:45 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jOHN95683:
We spent of lot of time today in the Allego 32BA, and, to us, there was no comparison. The Allegro is a much more substantial machine, and the fit and finish is great. I drove it in very high winds, and it was very stable. So, now we are in search of a 2004 or 2005 used 32BA or34W
A. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DH (Larry) <><
Allegro Happy is offline   Reply With Quote