Had some more communication with the customer care manager over the last few days. In a nutshell, they have rebuffed any hint of conceding, or making any goodwill gesture. Here are the facts as of today:
1. They sold me a new class C RV that ended up being infested with carpenter ants, admittedly from their dealer lot.
2. initially we were aware of some in the master bedroom, but within the first 48 hours discovered another colony in the kitchen slide and then the inspection by the dealer found yet another nest in the cab over area.
3. The only remedy the dealer has offered is to treat the motorhome with pesticides inside and out, which they did on Friday.
4. They were made aware before, during and after the sale that our daughter has diagnosed health conditions that make additional chemicals, pesticides or fragrances a danger to her well-being.
4. We asked if they would buy back or cancel the contract within days of taking delivery. They offered $10K less than the original purchase price of $55K (not including tax).
5. We asked if they could simply exchange our current unit for another of the same model which they currently have in their network. They said they would be happy to accept it in trade (see $ value offered in #4) but would not entertain an exchange.
6. When asked how they investigated any potential damage caused by the infestation of this wood/foam-destroying insect, they stated they looked as best as possible, but since the walls are sealed structures wouldn't be able to determine if there is any hidden damage.
7. I have run this issue up the ladder of this national chain, from service manager to corporate customer care manager, to CEO and have gotten no traction.
I really feel backed into a corner, but many of my options will cost me more than just taking a loss on the coach..
Seeing a lawyer on Friday and after that may consider making the problems with this dealer MUCH more public.