Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
Old 03-19-2016, 12:20 PM   #15
It's not something you want to hear but you refusing to let them, "bomb the bedroom", as they requested could be seen as allowing the situation to continue or worsen. They had you bring the MH back immediately after your first trip and the fact that you, "couldn't allow them to douse the coach with pesticide" doesn't help your case.
Unfortunately it is not they, but you, that has the problem. I'm not trying to beat on you while you're down, but you never should have accepted this coach.
I had a no where near as traumatic experience when I bought my last new class C. On the promised delivery date the generator hadn't been fixed. We noticed when we committed to buy the unit that the generator wouldn't start. We went to see the unit anyway on the promised date, and they offered to swap our unit for a nearly identical unit. We would have done so, but as it turned out the generator wouldn't start on that one either.

2014 Itasca Spirit 31K
Mich F is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-22-2016, 06:08 PM   #16
Had some more communication with the customer care manager over the last few days. In a nutshell, they have rebuffed any hint of conceding, or making any goodwill gesture. Here are the facts as of today:

1. They sold me a new class C RV that ended up being infested with carpenter ants, admittedly from their dealer lot.

2. initially we were aware of some in the master bedroom, but within the first 48 hours discovered another colony in the kitchen slide and then the inspection by the dealer found yet another nest in the cab over area.

3. The only remedy the dealer has offered is to treat the motorhome with pesticides inside and out, which they did on Friday.

4. They were made aware before, during and after the sale that our daughter has diagnosed health conditions that make additional chemicals, pesticides or fragrances a danger to her well-being.

4. We asked if they would buy back or cancel the contract within days of taking delivery. They offered $10K less than the original purchase price of $55K (not including tax).

5. We asked if they could simply exchange our current unit for another of the same model which they currently have in their network. They said they would be happy to accept it in trade (see $ value offered in #4) but would not entertain an exchange.

6. When asked how they investigated any potential damage caused by the infestation of this wood/foam-destroying insect, they stated they looked as best as possible, but since the walls are sealed structures wouldn't be able to determine if there is any hidden damage.

7. I have run this issue up the ladder of this national chain, from service manager to corporate customer care manager, to CEO and have gotten no traction.

I really feel backed into a corner, but many of my options will cost me more than just taking a loss on the coach..
Seeing a lawyer on Friday and after that may consider making the problems with this dealer MUCH more public.

FL Travels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2016, 06:38 PM   #17
I think things will improve after you lawyer up. I had a problem 10 years ago with a RV manufacturer involving the brakes, once they got a letter from my attorney, they took care of the problem. Hold off on going public with their name for now.
2010 Phoenix Cruiser 3100, 2016 Hyundai Veloster, Demco SS dolly
Dynadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 04:28 PM   #18
If one has ants they all do. Get your money back and go to a northern dealer that decreases the odds of having them

mikell is offline   Reply With Quote