Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > MOTORHOME FORUMS > Class C Motorhome Discussions
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-22-2017, 07:31 AM   #15

Wink Glad to be the second owner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJFogelberg View Post
Note Capt Steve bought used ( the previous owner worked out all the bugs and in the end sold the motorhome after only putting 6K on it)...not new direct from Nexus. Walked through many of the Nexus floor models last year at Hershey RV show. Saw some things that surprised me given this was a big show. Look at all the Class C options in your price range before pulling the trigger...it is time well spent.
I am relatively certain that the original owners of our coach simply bought the wrong rig. They traded our 24' C for a 36' Class A giving credence to my theory that ours was just too small for them.

If you are over 6' tall or the first number when you step onto the scale is larger than one I doubt you would be as comfortable as we are. The shower is a little tight and while it is hands down the roomiest 24' C I've ever seen it is still "24'".

The fueling issue no doubt bedeviled the original owners but thanks to Nexus was easily remedied. No other issues for us. Buying lightly used and letting someone else take the big depreciation hit has been working real well for me for years.

Capt Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-26-2017, 06:06 AM   #16

my ghost was fully loaded when went over the scale.
n2587n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2017, 03:24 PM   #17

I really tried to talk myself into Nexus when I was shopping last year, but I live 2,000 miles from the factory which seemed to be the only source of information about details of the design. And with no dealer network, there is no chance of getting one on a lot that you could touch before plunking down $100+k. I found that when I didn't wave my checkbook, emails stooped getting a reply.

I really liked Nexus' 'attitude' and business model, but, bottom line, I went with Coachmen (which wasn't perfect either, but better in the above areas) and I'm completely happy with that choice.

On another issue, I'm not as enamored with Nexus' use of steel instead of aluminum as others are. Firstly, steel corrodes, so when you scratch the inside, or worse yet outside, of your steel storage bay, nature takes over. And yes, by volume steel is stronger than aluminum, but aluminum is so much lighter that for a part of equal strength, aluminum will be larger but around half the weight, especially important high on the rig, like the roof. There's a reason you don't see any aircraft made of steel.
Old 07-09-2017, 05:16 PM   #18

Been lurking for along time , thought I'd join and put my .02 comment on Nexus.

We test drove a 2012 back in 2013 , its the same one as CS has a Nexus 23P.
Fit and finish was far above any other MH's we looked at .

Have bought 3 used MH's in the last 4 years.
Each time tried to deal with Nexus after test driving and seeing the poor quality of the competitors in the size and options we wanted.
Each time without going into detail , Nexus let me down.

PM me for specific details if you want, I have all the emails back and forth from approx 2013 with them. Along with pictures of some of their Brand New Models build quality!

Next up, was once again in the market for new to us MH 3 months ago, our 3rd and hopefully last one for awhile.
After looking online and seeing 4 Nexus within driving distance we drove to look at them. 1-2014 and 3- 2016's .
Even looked at their show room uhm parking lot connected to another RV place that had 2 of the Nexus for sale.

I was sadden to walk through Brand New models that they specifically sent out to their "show room".

I feel their quality has dropped to now being sub par to where they once were.
Quality control is lacking to say the least !
Once again I have pictures of their Brand New Models quality fit and finish .

On one conversation to them I emailed pictures and ask why on earth would they send these out as "Models" to "show the public their quality" with what I found just by doing a simple walk through of 6 of the 8 or so they had on display ... Like I said "for all to see".

Its like the Model homes in a new subdivision , everything is in perfect , built right , no shortcuts. No obvious defects /problems.

Yes they are growing and are definitely having growing problems, but what I saw there would be absolutely no excuses for the poor quality fit and finish...

Best of luck to you on what you get...
OFDPOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 07:07 AM   #19

OFDPOS I'm starting to hear that more and more. Even on their recent youtube videos I've noticed wires hanging down and the fit and finish doesn't seem as good as it once was in older models. Maybe they are outgrowing their capability which is sad when their one selling point was their quality.
Thanks for the info
Ritchieg is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
class c